Forum > General

Copy full path of source file to clipboard?

(1/2) > >>

jflipp:
Say, I have a project opened in Lazarus, and this project contains several source files.

Is there an easy, convenient way to copy the full, absolute path of a source file to the clipboard?

I looked through the Lazarus application menus, and also through the context menus in the project inspector and the source code editor, but couldn't find something useful.

Thanks for your help.

dje:
Open source file, right click and select "Copy Filename"?

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: derek.john.evans on June 19, 2022, 02:08:34 am ---Open source file, right click and select "Copy Filename"?

--- End quote ---

Ouch. It should, in principle, be available in Source -> Unit Information. Unfortunately, at least using Linux+GTK2, that's not actually C&Pable.

MarkMLl

jflipp:

--- Quote from: derek.john.evans on June 19, 2022, 02:08:34 am ---Open source file, right click and select "Copy Filename"?

--- End quote ---

That's great! Thank you.

In the other IDEs I use, this functionality is in the context menu of the tab with the name of the source file.
So, by habit, I looked only there, but not in the context menu of the text input area of the source code editor.

ASerge:

--- Quote from: jflipp on June 22, 2022, 11:23:41 pm ---

--- End quote ---
That's great! Thank you.

--- End quote ---
You first wrote that you wanted the full, absolute path of a source file. This method is not suitable for this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version