Forum > LCL

Descending letters are truncated in the EditLabel of a TLabeledEdit

<< < (2/2)

tetrastes:
It's not TLabel, but IMHO the origin of the problem is the same.

jipété:

--- Quote from: tetrastes on June 21, 2022, 02:10:38 pm ---It's not TLabel, but IMHO the origin of the problem is the same.

--- End quote ---

Not sure.

Look at the image I provide below, it's the help viewer opened on the TEdit (for example. Same behaviour with other components) and I've selected with the mouse 4 lines in right panel.
We notice that in left side there are no white lines between text lines, and white lines are present in the right side.
EDIT but both sides truncate letters... /EDIT

It looks like lines at left are not the same component as lines at right, where lines of text are chopped.
If there are same components, so their setups aren't the same.

tetrastes:
I am sorry, but I don't understand, what do you want to say with your image.
This problem is specific to some Linux distros (though not rare), where some LCL components truncate some glyphs, and I think that the origin of this is common for them - some inconsistency of LCL and gtk.
As for components used in lhelp - you have sources. I don't have Linux at hand right now, but if you are interested, I can attach the same image of lhelp at Windows, where letters are not truncated, and lines are not chopped.

jipété:

--- Quote from: tetrastes on June 21, 2022, 03:41:48 pm ---I am sorry, but I don't understand, what do you want to say with your image.
This problem is specific to some Linux distros (though not rare), where some LCL components truncate some glyphs, and I think that the origin of this is common for them - some inconsistency of LCL and gtk.

--- End quote ---
Yes, you're right ! I apologize, I was confused by the white line on right side, not present on left side.

But both sides truncate legs of letters, it's really a pity.
see image below.

--- Quote from: tetrastes on June 21, 2022, 03:41:48 pm ---As for components used in lhelp - you have sources. I don't have Linux at hand right now, but if you are interested, I can attach the same image of lhelp at Windows, where letters are not truncated, and lines are not chopped.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I have sources. But no time and knowledge to do that...

jipété:
Hello, World !

Lazarus 2.0.12 IDE, look at the Menu bar in the attached image (sorry, it's french), the "j" in the 6th word, "Projet", is fine.
Then look at the Dialogs tab on the far-right, the "G" is fine too.
Now look at the yellow hint (mouse over the two-floppies icon), both "g" and "j" are chopped.  :o  %)

Dunno what to do and where to look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version