Forum > LCL

PageControl cannot change TabSheet if Label on Panel on Tabsheet

(1/4) > >>

jipété:
Hello,

discovered that strange behaviour of a PageControl with two TabSheets if a TabSheet holds a Panel which holds a Label : no way to select the other TabSheet with mouse (works fine with arrow keys of keyboard).

If the Label is outside the Panel, everything works as expected.

See attached gif file which shows the problem :
(cannot see animation of attached gif file, dunno why... --> right click on gif file and choose to see it in another tabsheet of brower).

Context : Linux Debian 11.3 / Gtk 2.24, FPC 3.2.2 Laz 2.2.0
Broken config, see below.
Working config, see below.

Thanks,
--
jp

AlexTP:
No repro here. GTK2, Ubuntu 20 x64, and mouse clicks work ok with 3 TabSheets.
Attach small compileable project.

jipété:

--- Quote from: AlexTP on June 18, 2022, 11:10:02 am ---No repro here. GTK2, Ubuntu 20 x64, and mouse clicks work ok with 3 TabSheets.

--- End quote ---
:o

--- Quote from: AlexTP on June 18, 2022, 11:10:02 am ---Attach small compileable project.

--- End quote ---
Sure. See below :

Thx

AlexTP:
Reproduced in your proj. Note: TPageControl lays on TGroupBox! If I move it out on a TForm, all is OK.

wp:
I can confirm the issue with Linux Mint21  and OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (both 64bit and gtk2), and Linux Mint 19 (32 bit, gtk2; BUT NOT gtk3)

Please post a bug report and attach your demo.

Some observations (please mention them in the bug report):
- So far, I only found the Label to be the only control which causes this.
- I can switch pages by code, i.e. PageControl1.ActivePageIndex := 1 is fine. It seems to be the click which causes the problem.
- When the Labels's AutoSize is false, the bug is gone.
- It is essential that the PageControl is inside a GroupBox; a PageControl directly in the form, or in a Panel, does not show the issue.

As a workaround, you can use a TStaticText.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version