Forum > Database

Coming from Delphi XE 3 and DBGrid - what to use?

<< < (3/3)

Nicole:
by the way:
Those "Livebindings", - I hated them so much. As well as Firemoneky.
This may be due to the fact, that they do not work well within XE 3.

Has this changed?
Did they become useful in Lazarus?

marcov:

--- Quote from: Nicole on June 24, 2022, 03:20:33 pm ---Has this changed?
Did they become useful in Lazarus?

--- End quote ---

I heard people say that livebindings are less bad in recent Delphi.  There are people that are really in favor of them, and people that are against them. I never used them, but the demonstrations I saw didn't sound too convincing.

As said, Lazarus doesn't support them, as we don't have  Firemonkey. Lazarus also uses VCL on non-windows.
  Maybe all the javascript backend stuff in the future might require a different binding kind, but that might not even be livebindings compatible.

In general, assume that anything connected to Firemonkey (either directly related to FM, or introduced because of FM (like livebindings and firedac) is not there in Lazarus)

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: marcov on June 24, 2022, 03:28:26 pm ---As said, Lazarus doesn't support them, as we don't have  Firemonkey. Lazarus also uses VCL on non-windows.
--- End quote ---

From what I saw when looking at LiveBindings, they're not specific to FireMonkey and can be used in VCL as well. (Though that doesn't change that Lazarus currently simply doesn't support them)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version