Forum > Packages and Libraries

ScrollingText and text speed

<< < (2/3) > >>

wp:
I have some more ideas:
- There is no reason why .res files should not work --> modified code
- There is an annoying "resource not found" exception at designtime. --> removed
- I also don't understand why the "TextFileName" and "ResourceName" have hard-coded names. Since there are already variables for them I think this feature just is not completed. --> changed.

Did not yet implement your speed patch. Are the entries in my conversion table well-spaced? My impression is that there are too many. I think that there should be only 3 (slow - normal - fast) or 5 (very slow - slow - normal - fast - very fast).

wp:
In r8311, I added the ScrollSpeed property. I decided to use 5 steps: TScrollSpeed = (ssVerySlow, ssSlow, ssNormal, ssFast, ssVeryFast). The ScrollInterval (array[TScrollSpeed] of integer) contains the associated milliseconds for the Timer.Interval; it is a variable and thus can be modified when the user wants different speeds.

kkuba:
Very good ideas. If no one notices any problems, the fix should be reported to OPM. These are minor changes, but very necessary.

wp:

--- Quote from: kkuba on June 16, 2022, 03:54:32 pm ---Very good ideas. If no one notices any problems, the fix should be reported to OPM. These are minor changes, but very necessary.

--- End quote ---
Certainly. But let me wait a few days for more feedback.

kkuba:
@wp There seems to be no comment. Could I ask you for a final look and for submitting a new version to OPM?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version