Forum > General

RTL Namespaces

<< < (5/5)

PascalDragon:
So you expect third party providers to cater to both, those that want to use namespaces and those who don't? Also units are provided precompiled in the installers on purpose cause one doesn't have to fiddle with building FPC oneself. Also someone would need to maintain that mechanism.
There's no sense in making things more complicated than they are.

marcov:
I'd be interested in the opposite, a tool to strip namespaces from delphi units.

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: marcov on June 19, 2022, 01:26:11 pm ---I'd be interested in the opposite, a tool to strip namespaces from delphi units.

--- End quote ---
I have one. It is simple but not complete: does not parse defines inside the uses clause, does not parse implementation yet and is single file.
I will see if I can find it. It dates from the introduction of namespaces in Delphi.
I always wanted to rewrite it with RegExpr, if I remember correctly. (It is old stuff)

deadserious:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on June 19, 2022, 01:24:26 pm ---So you expect third party providers to cater to both, those that want to use namespaces and those who don't? Also units are provided precompiled in the installers on purpose cause one doesn't have to fiddle with building FPC oneself. Also someone would need to maintain that mechanism.
There's no sense in making things more complicated than they are.

--- End quote ---

I guess maybe I'll need to provide my own distro then lol.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: deadserious on June 21, 2022, 08:53:45 pm ---I guess maybe I'll need to provide my own distro then lol.

--- End quote ---

Which you are definitely free to do, but please note that especially once dynamic packages are fully supported this might lead to problems there as well (not to mention that the whole of Lazarus is geared towards what is provided by FPC itself, so you need to keep around both your own as well as a standard distribution to be able to build Lazarus).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version