Forum > Debugger

Visual Studio keymap (for debugger and compiller)

(1/5) > >>

Tango600:
If I create Visual Studio keymap, how I publish this&

MarkMLl:
Are you saying that you've produced a keymap for Lazarus? If so I'd suggest discussing it here with a particular focus on what OSes etc. you've tested it with. Then submit is as a bug report (see link in left-hand column).

If OTOH you're discussing a keymap for Visual Studio it's not relevant to this forum.

MarkMLl

marcov:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on June 13, 2022, 09:59:10 am ---If OTOH you're discussing a keymap for Visual Studio it's not relevant to this forum.

--- End quote ---

If it is to put FPC under an other IDE like VS/VSCode, it is relevant, but should be moved to FPC subforums (not lazarus subforum).

The short answer is probably: put it on github/gitlab or any other form of free hosting.   

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: marcov on June 13, 2022, 10:06:02 am ---If it is to put FPC under an other IDE like VS/VSCode, it is relevant, but should be moved to FPC subforums (not lazarus subforum).

--- End quote ---

Yes, true.

At this point however I'd note that the Lazarus IDE stands comparison with VSCode, and is superior (in my opinion) to Eclipse. It's a pity that it doesn't support more languages, possibly via something like the Language Server Protocol (noting e.g. the thread at https://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org/msg52619.html).

MarkMLl

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: Tango600 on June 13, 2022, 09:44:39 am ---If I create Visual Studio keymap, how I publish this&

--- End quote ---

You mean you went to menu: Tools > Options > Editor > Keymap?

Unfortunately the IDE does not have an Export or Import function for those settings.

You can find the changes you made in the "EditorOptions.xml" file, in your "primary config path".
The "primary config path" can be found in menu View > Ide Internals > About IDE.
It defaults to: C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\lazarus or on Linux to ~/.lazarus

The XML in that file has a "<KeyMapping>" section.

So to make your changes available:
- you open that file, and copy that section. Then publish that XML.
- Users who want to use it can (while the IDE is closed) edit their "EditorOptions.xml".

However, your changes will be based on one of the default schemes. Either:
- Lazarus Default
- Classic
- MacOs Apple style
- MacOs Lazarus style

The Mac schemes will have different mappings for the modifier keys.
E.g. "Ctrl-c" will be "Command-C"  (IIRC).

Your changes are relative to your selected scheme. (only the diff is saved).
So it may (at least partly) work with other schemes. But likely will need some work for them.

Of course - if for example you are NOT a Mac user - then everyone importing your scheme, if they too are not Mac users, can use the same base-scheme.
But not all Mac-Users wont be happy using a non-Mac base scheme.
Still they can adapt it....

It would be nice, if someone could contribute Export/Import of keymaps....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version