Recent

Author Topic: OPM: Failed installing RichMemo  (Read 4563 times)

Nicole

Re: OPM: Failed installing RichMemo
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 08:18:22 pm »
If you call me a fool, just do so.
But here a lot of problems disappeared by adding
uses RichEdit
Just give it a try, nothing to loose.

Curt Carpenter

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 08:37:36 pm »
Thanks Nicole.
I found that RichMemo seems to be added to my Use clause automatically when I put a RichMemo component on my form.  I will try adding RichEdit instead and see what happens.

Curt Carpenter

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2023, 09:00:53 pm »
Tried it but there is no RichEdit component for Lazarus.  (My agony here is from trying to convert some ancient Delphi code that used RichEdit to a Lazarus program).

This may work:  at least it did once for me:

o  Open the online package manager and uninstall RichMemo.  Verify that it is completely installed (on a few tries, I found it was only partially uniinstalled).
o  Open the online package manager and install RichMemo again. 
o  Place a RichMemo component on your form.  This seems to automatically put a RichMemo clause in your Use statement.
o Save your project.
o  Reopen your project, and I think you'll find the codetools errors have gone away.

(At least that seems to have worked for me once -- and I haven't had the courage to try it again to verify it...)

Nicole

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2023, 09:51:23 pm »
Pls not RichEdit INSTEAD of RichMemo
but ADDITIONAL

Yes, RichMemo is added by the IDE, this is fine and you cannot do it without it.

Good luck (this is sad to say in science....)

Curt Carpenter

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2023, 11:17:14 pm »
I will try it...

No, when I add "RichEdit" to my uses clause immediately after the RichMemo item, I get a compile error "Fatal:  Cannot find RichEdit used by Unit1 of the Project Inspector."   I suspect that's because I'm using Linux and not Windows.  I appreciate the help though.

... Yes, I see that if I'm running Lazarus on Windows, there is indeed a "RichEdit" unit that can be added to my "uses" clause.  So the issue seems to be that there is no RichEdit unit for linux OS.

BTW I have had no problems using RichMemo in Windows, so my problems are related to the RichMemo component's linux implementation (or to me, of course :) ).   Happily, my primary job is to port my old Delphi program to Windows, so I can declare victory for now!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 05:45:59 pm by Curt Carpenter »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018