Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Getting a list of files being edited  (Read 860 times)

440bx

[SOLVED] Getting a list of files being edited
« on: June 06, 2022, 07:59:18 pm »
Hello,

In Lazarus, it is possible to get a list of files being edited by going to "Windows->Tabs for project" and "Windows->Other tabs".  Those options each open a submenu with a list of filenames/tab-windows.  That's quite handy when editing several dozen files simultaneously (horizontal scrolling through the tabs is cumbersome and tedious with that many files.)

Are any of the following two options available:

1. assign a hotkey to those menu options so I don't have to use the mouse to select a file. Or...
2. is there already some option in Lazarus that shows a popup window with all the files being edited (one per line) to make selecting one of them fast and convenient ? (without using the mouse, only the keyboard)

Also, is there some way to get all the files being edited in a single listing ? using the Window menu, the set of files is split between "Tabs for project" and "Other tabs" which often requires inspecting both of them. Having a listing of all the files in one place/window would be very convenient.

Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:22:41 pm by 440bx »
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Getting a list of files being edited
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 08:27:39 pm »
I don't think there is a key.
Nor am I aware of a "all in one" menu.

But you can also reach them via the context menu of the tabs.
And there is a group "recent tabs" too.

dsiders

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 08:35:24 pm »
I don't think there is a key.
Nor am I aware of a "all in one" menu.

But you can also reach them via the context menu of the tabs.
And there is a group "recent tabs" too.

Window > Manage Source Editors (Ctrl+Shift+W) is the all-in-one list. Use the cursor keys to select a file and press Enter.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

440bx

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 09:22:16 pm »
Window > Manage Source Editors (Ctrl+Shift+W) is the all-in-one list. Use the cursor keys to select a file and press Enter.
Perfect!  That's exactly what I wanted :)

@Martin

I appreciate your efforts to help.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018