Forum > Other

programming languages history

(1/4) > >>

440bx:
This is a link to a youtube video that shows the ups and downs of programming languages popularity from 1965 to 2019

I found it to be entertaining and educational, I thought others might too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og847HVwRSI

Enjoy!

friend:
Interesting. The first few items in the graph in recent years, after 2012, can go straight to hell.

Zvoni:

--- Quote from: friend on June 02, 2022, 05:38:49 am ---Interesting. The first few items in the graph in recent years, after 2012, can go straight to hell.

--- End quote ---
Not having watched the video, let me guess: DOT. CRAP?

friend:

--- Quote from: Zvoni on June 02, 2022, 08:29:07 am ---Not having watched the video, let me guess: DOT. CRAP?

--- End quote ---

One of them is C#, which is part of something that, after 2015 or so, has been renamed to .CRAP, previously called BotNetCore, previously known as .NET Framework -- before M$'s recent large efforts of Embrace and Extension of open source software.
P*thon, J*va, J*vaScript and similar types of manure, are at the top of the list. Damn all of them.

marcov:
I wonder why they got their data. IMHO the rise of C and Ada is a bit early in the mid eighties, and Ada is way to dominant. 

Also C was rising to dominance when there wasn't even a bulk compiler for the Dos target, as Turbo C came in 1987 (according to Wikipedia, I never saw it in the wild) and Turbo C++ came only in 1990. Weird again.

That said, C wasn't on my radar in that period (other than on Unix), so I might have missed clues about its dos history.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version