Forum > Editor

[SOLVED] Jumping through the source code defective

(1/2) > >>

rvk:
Wasn't it possible to jump through the source code of Lazarus before?

For example, create new form application.
Double click form and type some command (Close; for example).
If I set my cursor on Close and press Alt+Up I go to the Declaration.

But wasn't it possible before to jump to the implementation with a second Alt+Up.
(it is in Delphi and I'm sure I used it in Lazarus too, A LOT)

Is jumping around the source in the IDE gone defective?

It somehow feels like it doesn't search for the included file anymore and since most implementations are via includes it can't find those functions.
Anyone else have this experience?

marcov:
jump between interface and implementation is ctrl-shift up/down.

rvk:

--- Quote from: marcov on May 31, 2022, 04:45:16 pm ---jump between interface and implementation is ctrl-shift up/down.

--- End quote ---
AAAARGH.  :-[

Thanks.
Maybe I spent too much time in Delphi (where Alt+Up does work) that I forgot this key-combo  :D

(I also couldn't find it in the menu-items)

marcov:

--- Quote from: rvk on May 31, 2022, 04:50:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: marcov on May 31, 2022, 04:45:16 pm ---jump between interface and implementation is ctrl-shift up/down.

--- End quote ---
AAAARGH.  :-[

Thanks.
Maybe I spent too much time in Delphi (where Alt+Up does work) that I forgot this key-combo  :D

(I also couldn't find it in the menu-items)

--- End quote ---

I actually tested it in Delphi Seattle, alt up on tstream.write brings me to the first line of implementation, and then I first have to move the cursor back to the "write" of TStream.Write, and only then alt-up brings me to interface.

ctrl-shift +/- directly jumps without first repositioning the cursor on the function name.

rvk:

--- Quote from: marcov on May 31, 2022, 05:05:51 pm ---I actually tested it in Delphi Seattle. I think you are confused with C/C++ (and Java?) IDEs that indeed often allow to jump with one key.  For certain MP Lab X (NetBeans) with its ctrl-B, and iirc also VS with F10 or so?

--- End quote ---
The Alt+Up also works in Delphi 10.2.
The Ctrl+Shift Up and Down work too but I never use those in Delphi.
I always jump through the source with just Alt+Up in Delphi.

Officially it is

--- Quote ---Alt+Up Arrow / Ctrl+Right Click - Goes to declaration.
--- End quote ---
https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Default_Keyboard_Shortcuts
but like I said... when doing this on a function in the interface part it brings me to the implementation of that function.

I guess I need to adjust my habits  :D

Edit: Now that I've used CTRL+SHIFT Down a couple of times I remember this  ::)
Alt + Up to go to the interface part of that function and then Ctrl+Shift+Down to go straight to the implementation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version