Forum > Windows (32/64)

Does the windows installer provided on SF set a PATH to fpc.exe?

<< < (5/5)

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: J-G on June 08, 2022, 11:29:35 am ---I have now looked properly and find the reference to Lazarus_is1 & Lazarus_sec_9886.......  under the first 'base' but only FreePascal_is1 under the second  ie. no reference to FPC 3.2.2
--- End quote ---

Is that installer listed in Windows' Uninstall control pane?

And I suddenly got an idea while rereading your original message about this again:

--- Quote from: J-G on June 02, 2022, 08:29:26 pm ---Since I now have Laz 1.6 with FPC 3.0.0 as well as Laz 2.2.0 with FPC 3.2.2  and had some difficulty with the secondary instalation, I downloaded this program to see whether I had anything 'extranious' lurking.
--- End quote ---

Did you really install that FPC 3.2.2 you provided in the screenshot? Or are you simply using the FPC provided with the Lazarus installer? Cause then it's clear that you wouldn't find anything...

--- Quote from: J-G on June 08, 2022, 11:29:35 am ---
--- Quote from: PascalDragon ---
--- Quote from: J-G on June 07, 2022, 03:01:38 pm ---My system is 64 bit and I normally compile for 32bit but for your program I made no changes to the [Options] -- ie. the Target platform entries are all [Default].
--- End quote ---

That is not enough information, cause I don't know what the Default setting of your Lazarus is as this doesn't depend on your host system but on whether you have installed the 64- or 32-bit version of Lazarus.
--- End quote ---
Again appologies - I meant my Lazarus system is a 64bit installation - and can now see that you might be misled into thinking that I meant my PC System was 64bit.
--- End quote ---

Thanks, so at least it shouldn't be a problem with the registry virtualization then...

J-G:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on June 08, 2022, 02:31:11 pm ---Is that installer listed in Windows' Uninstall control pane?
--- End quote ---
Yes.

--- Quote from: PascalDragon ---And I suddenly got an idea while rereading your original message about this again:

--- Quote from: J-G on June 02, 2022, 08:29:26 pm ---Since I now have Laz 1.6 with FPC 3.0.0 as well as Laz 2.2.0 with FPC 3.2.2  and had some difficulty with the secondary instalation, I downloaded this program to see whether I had anything 'extranious' lurking.
--- End quote ---

Did you really install that FPC 3.2.2 you provided in the screenshot? Or are you simply using the FPC provided with the Lazarus installer? Cause then it's clear that you wouldn't find anything...
--- End quote ---

That's a very subtle distinction and I hadn't appreciated that there might be a difference. Yes - or rather NO, I didn't install FPC3.2.2 per se - I simply installed Lazarus and that (I thought) installed FPC3.2.2  -  sometime the logic of Compiler/RAD/IDE just eludes me  :o

I think I'm re-assured that I have nothing 'lurking' - or even missing for that matter - and that your utility hasn't missed something.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: J-G on June 08, 2022, 02:51:19 pm ---That's a very subtle distinction and I hadn't appreciated that there might be a difference. Yes - or rather NO, I didn't install FPC3.2.2 per se - I simply installed Lazarus and that (I thought) installed FPC3.2.2  -  sometime the logic of Compiler/RAD/IDE just eludes me  :o
--- End quote ---

At least on Windows that's not a subtle, but an important distinction, cause there the Lazarus installer comes bundled with its own FPC distribution and they're not (un)installed separately. The FPC installer is completely independent of the Lazarus one and the main intention is to install it if you either don't use Lazarus at all or you want to use a different version of FPC with your existing Lazarus installation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version