Recent

Author Topic: Question about glibc bug report - was: Feature announcement: Function References and Anonymous Funct  (Read 1411 times)

ermeneuta

This surely is OT, but I am prevented from opening a new topic.....

Will any future (or may present...) release of fpc incorporate the fix described here :
Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. An FPC bug report https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/39295 (closed) for this issue says it has been fixed in 3.3.1... but not yet merged into the fixes branch.

Thanks
-Fred

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
This surely is OT, but I am prevented from opening a new topic.....

That is no reason to hijack a topic about something completely different. >:(

ermeneuta

That is no reason to hijack a topic about something completely different. >:(

Quite right. But I haven't found any other relevant forum regarding fpc where to pose such question....

-Fred

TRon

Quite right. But I haven't found any other relevant forum regarding fpc where to pose such question....
FPC development subforum comes to mind but any other subforum/thread not about a specific feature announcement should have been a better choice imho.

ermeneuta

While implementing those new useful functions, is there any hope that the bug described in this report gets fixed ?

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/39295

Thanks
-Fred

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
While implementing those new useful functions, is there any hope that the bug described in this report gets fixed ?
That bug has nothing to do with the subject of this topic.

Bart

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Yes it indirectly has, Bart. And the issue is fixed in trunk. Issue, not bug, because glibc changed.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Note that that commit has been cherrypicked to FIXES according to the report that was referenced.

Now would be a good time to test the FIXES_3_2_2 branch (with FPCDELUXE)

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Nice to read it has actually been put forward.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/39295

It's absolutly insolent of you to ask this question yet again and in the same thread to boot despite having already been warned. Consider this your last warning, the next time I'll simply remove your post and any reply to it.

Yes it indirectly has, Bart.

It is not even indirectly related.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018