Forum > Options

Raspberry with source directory on a windows share

<< < (6/6)

sporex:
Alright, then I will have to inquire the mount options. This is mine:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---//192.168.2.126/PINAS/RASPI on /NAS type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=2.1,cache=strict,username=pi,uid=1000,noforceuid,gid=1000,noforcegid,addr=192.168.2.126,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,soft,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,bsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1)
And fstab is like that:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---//192.168.2.126/PINAS/RASPI     /NAS    cifs    credentials=/etc/.credentials,uid=pi,gid=pi,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777
I will try to mount the share manually and get back with the result.
THX Mark

MarkMLl:
Getting mount options right- particularly for networked shares and most particularly for SMB/CIFS- is arguably more difficult than it needs to be. But the bottom line is that all of the possible options are there for a reason.

I speculate that /if/ your NAS were based on "a unix" and /if/ you could get a shell session you'd find (using ls -i) that when Lazarus saved a file it first renamed the original to .bak or similar and then created a new one, and that under certain circumstances the client system is seeing the new one cached before anything has actually been written to it. That rename-create is longstanding unix doctrine with the intention of limiting the extent to which a less-privileged user can overwrite the work of a more-privileged one, and can be contrasted with the Windows convention of doing a copy-overwrite. If that's what's really happening, then it's a NAS (or possibly client library) bug.

You /might/ find that telling the IDE to not create a backup (Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Backup) changes that behaviour: arguably, if it's told to create no backup then it should be overwriting the same file in-situ rather than creating a new one.

MarkMLl

sporex:
Good evening Mark,
I will give up.
What I am going to do is:
- create a debian11 32 bit images for the units for which I want to roll out the SW
- use the debian8 image that I have for the IDE in order to maintain/modify the existing applications that I am distributing to the units
- I suppose there will be no hitch (jessie/bullseye) as long as it's 32bit
My only concern is that jessie is end-of-life and only compatible with RPi up to Ver.3B (not Ver.3B+) and the hardware will also be phased-out by 2023 as I learn

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: sporex on June 04, 2022, 11:32:06 pm ---Good evening Mark,
I will give up.
What I am going to do is:
- create a debian11 32 bit images for the units for which I want to roll out the SW
- use the debian8 image that I have for the IDE in order to maintain/modify the existing applications that I am distributing to the units
- I suppose there will be no hitch (jessie/bullseye) as long as it's 32bit
My only concern is that jessie is end-of-life and only compatible with RPi up to Ver.3B (not Ver.3B+) and the hardware will also be phased-out by 2023 as I learn

--- End quote ---

In any event, always test thoroughly. There's always a risk of incompatibility at the library level.

Otherwise, set up a local Subversion etc. server. I think one's available as a Debian package, but otherwise it's easy enough to build particularly if you stick to the native svn protocol rather than trying to integrate with Apache.

Jessie really is getting on a bit by now, and isn't one of those releases for which there were compelling reasons to not upgrade: I'd cite Lenny as being one of those, since some targets were either dropped immediately afterwards, or their quality dropped as people lost interest (SPARC as a particular example). I've had some degree of success with in-situ upgrades, but I usually find redoing from scratch fairly painless since for many years I've been running a script which logs what gets installed manually. See https://github.com/MarkMLl/installed-package-list

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version