Forum > Options

Raspberry with source directory on a windows share

<< < (5/6) > >>

sporex:
Thank you for beeing available to help.

I was running the IDE from a terminal window.
Then I have set the project_options|verbosity to "show all"
And have copied the terminal output to the file cpl_msg1.txt (this is compiling the source from the share)

Next I did the same but compiling the source from the local file system, the output is in cpl_msg2.txt

sporex:
After being discouraged for a while I have resumed trying to compile from the shared folder.
What I found out is this:

-1) I create the source file test.pas and make a copy test.bak
-2) I try to compile test.pas and I am getting "begin expected but end of file found" and test.pas on the share is 0byte
-3) Then I copy test.bak > test.pas and try to recompile
-4) I get "source file has changed on disk," and I chose "reload checked file from disk"
- And now it compiles

After step-2) I get the following files in the shared folder /src

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---- /src/backup/test.pas- /src/lib/aarch64-linux/test.compiled- /src/test.lpi- /src/test.lps  
After step -4) I get additionally:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---- /src/lib/aarch64-linux/test.o and of course the executable /src/test

I suppose there must be any setting in the IDE options that must be changed.
Only what is it? I made no changes to the default config.

MarkMLl:
So going back through the thread:

a) You're using CIFS.

b) Are you still running on the client as root?

c) Have you tried using Lazbuild yet?

MarkMLl

sporex:
Hello Mark
thank you for remembering this topic

a) yes I am using cifs

b) no, this time i ran it as user pi

c)

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---lazbuild -B /NAS/TEST/test1.pasError: (lazbuild) don't know how to build: /NAS/TEST/test.pas  

MarkMLl:
Lazbuild expects a .lpi ("Lazarus Project Information").

If you were building a simple "Hello, World!" console program which didn't have a .lpi you'd simply use fpc to compile the .pas... I've just done that over a CIFS share from a PC client and am about to try Lazarus.

Very slightly later: Definitely no problem using Lazarus 2.2.0 with FPC 3.2.2.

Client system running Debian "Stable" (i.e. the OS that yours is derived from) but x86_64 rather than ARM... I'd not expect that to be an issue.

Running mount describes the connection as

--- Code: ---//192.168.0.72/guest on /home/markMLl/srv/gooey.guest type cifs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,vers=2.0,cache=strict,username=guest,domain=XXXXXXXX,uid=1000,forceuid,gid=1000,forcegid,addr=192.168.0.72,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,soft,nounix,mapposix,noperm,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,user=markMLl)

--- End code ---

derived from this in .etc.fstab

--- Code: ---//192.168.0.72/guest    /home/markMLl/srv/gooey.guest   cifs    noauto,user,username=guest,guest,workgroup=XXXXXXXX,vers=2.0,noperm     0       0

--- End code ---

One thing I'd emphasise is that I accessed the project from a fixed mountpoint off my home directory, rather than via a desktop file manager or something under the "Places" list of a save-as dialogue or similar... the naming there might depend on what widget set's been used to build your IDE.

I don't think this is an IDE issue, it's down to either how your OS is setting up mounts, or the configuration and capabilities of your NAS.

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version