Forum > Options

Raspberry with source directory on a windows share

(1/6) > >>

sporex:
Pls.help,
I have installed Laz v2.0.10 on a RPi with Debian 11 (bullseye) following this tutorial:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Raspberry_Pi

Now I want to test the installed IDE for this particular setup:
The directory for the source files is on a windows share on a different machine and properly mounted with all required access rights.
When I open a very simple test.pas file from this source directory and try to compile it, the following will happen:

- the IDE reports "BEGIN expected but end of file found"
- the test.pas file on the windows share still exists, but the content is deleted (0byte)
- the backup, lib, test.lpi, test.lps are created in the shared folder. So it cannot be a problem of access rights

When I do the same test with a folder on the local file system, everything works.
And btw, I had the same configuration (source on shared directory) with Jessie and an older version of lazarus.

I suppose I need to change something in the Tools|Options settings, but what?

Thank you for advice and kind regards

MarkMLl:
Use the file ** command to check what the line endings are.

** That's a standard unix command. Whatever the RPi people would like to call it, you're running a remix of the Debian Linux distribution, which roughly speaking is "a unix".

MarkMLl

sporex:
This is the result of file ** before attempting to compile:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---  test0.pas: ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
And this is after attempting to compile:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---  backup:    directorylib:       directorytest0.lpi: XML 1.0 document, ASCII texttest0.lps: XML 1.0 document, ASCII texttest0.pas: empty 

sporex:
And this is what I get for the executable when I successfully compile on the local file system:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} --- test0:     ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, with debug_info, not stripped  

MarkMLl:
You might need to find a text editor that saves files with unix-style line endings. I /thought/ that the compiler was tolerant of variations there.

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version