Forum > Lazarus

Lazarus Release 2.2.2

<< < (3/12) > >>

korba812:

--- Quote from: Zvoni on May 19, 2022, 10:20:06 am ---Quick question: Is it still the "official" recommendation, to use the 32-Bit Version of Lazarus on 64-Bit Windows, and then rather to cross-compile your project to 64-Bit?

--- End quote ---
IIRC The problem with cross compiling win64 to win32 is that the win64 platform does not know Extended (80bit float) type. Solution is software support for this type, but I don't know how much progress is being made on it, and probably only in trunk.

bobby100:
Thanks, Martin_fr, it worked. The only thing that was also needed is to re-compile the IDE at the end of the installation.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: korba812 on May 19, 2022, 09:31:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: Zvoni on May 19, 2022, 10:20:06 am ---Quick question: Is it still the "official" recommendation, to use the 32-Bit Version of Lazarus on 64-Bit Windows, and then rather to cross-compile your project to 64-Bit?

--- End quote ---
IIRC The problem with cross compiling win64 to win32 is that the win64 platform does not know Extended (80bit float) type. Solution is software support for this type, but I don't know how much progress is being made on it, and probably only in trunk.

--- End quote ---

AFAIK: The "extended" type is (one of?) the reason(s) why there is no official FPC cross compiler from Win64 to Win32.

However the "fpc cross compiler" for the official Lazarus does work. You can use a 64 bit IDE. Write an app that uses "Extended" and cross compile a 32 bit exe that will have proper "extended" values. The "fpc cross compiler" by Lazarus is a native 32bit FPC executable. The same FPC compiler that comes with the 32bit IDE, just renamed.

If you have a PC that can not run 32 bit executables then you have a problem. (Because then neither the 32bit IDE+fpc / nor the "cross fpc to 32bit" will work).

---
If you want to develop for 64 and 32 bit Windows => use the 64 bit IDE (restricted to -O1).

Rafael.Castro:
I Love Lazarus !  :)

d.ioannidis:
Hi,

can I ask which FPC branch/tag at gitlab this Lazarus release uses ?

I tried to compile ppcrossavr for this particular FPC version from fixes_3_2 and from release_3_2_2 and I always get PPU invalid version .

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---[0.015] Unitsearch: system.ppu[0.015] Unitsearch: system.pp[0.015] Unitsearch: system.pas[0.015] Unitsearch: G:\Programming\dimitris\tools\laz-2.2.2_fpc-3.2.2\fpc\3.2.2\units\release\avr-embedded\avr5\rtl\system.ppu[0.015] PPU Loading G:\Programming\dimitris\tools\laz-2.2.2_fpc-3.2.2\fpc\3.2.2\units\release\avr-embedded\avr5\rtl\system.ppu[0.015] (SYSTEM)   PPU Name: G:\Programming\dimitris\tools\laz-2.2.2_fpc-3.2.2\fpc\3.2.2\units\release\avr-embedded\avr5\rtl\system.ppu[0.015] (SYSTEM)   PPU Invalid Version 208

EDIT: added Lazarus FPC output messages

regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version