Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] TPointF Not Found ??  (Read 5530 times)

wp

Re: TPointF Not Found ??
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2022, 10:48:20 pm »
I agree that it is very confusing that this fppkg.cfg file seems to be shared between various fpc installations. But it definitely does not mean that the secondary Lazarus installation is not working.

But I think the main issue is that second installation picks up wrong fpc compiler (from previous installation). Could you reproduce that (or check from which directory fpc compiler is chosen)?
Honestly, I don't know what fppkg is doing with the compiler settings. But it definitely is not the compiler used by the IDE. These are the settings made on the other pages of that "first-visit" screen, or which you can change later in "Tools" > "Options" > "Environment". This information is stored in your config folder (the one that is listed in the lazarus.cfg of a secondary installation).

dseligo

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2022, 01:43:46 am »
I agree that it is very confusing that this fppkg.cfg file seems to be shared between various fpc installations. But it definitely does not mean that the secondary Lazarus installation is not working.

But I think the main issue is that second installation picks up wrong fpc compiler (from previous installation). Could you reproduce that (or check from which directory fpc compiler is chosen)?
Honestly, I don't know what fppkg is doing with the compiler settings. But it definitely is not the compiler used by the IDE.

I didn't say Fppkg has anything to do with the compiler settings. I mentioned Debugger and Fppkg tabs because they show as error after starting Lazarus. But real problem is compiler settings.
Look at the attachment.

HeavyUser

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2022, 02:39:06 am »
my settings

compiler   : $(LazarusDir)fpc\$(FPCVer)\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe
debugger : $(LazarusDir)\mingw\$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)\bin\gdb.exe

fppkg is always empty I have no idea what it is so I leave it unset.

J-G

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 01:14:23 pm »
Still going round in circles over this.  :(

I've cleared everthing out from the first attempt at installing V2.2.0 and reinstalled from scratch.

I think I've done everything as advised but have taken [Screen Grabs] at every stage to try to track down the problen - which still persits -  ie. the  TPointF Not Found  error remains!!

I can only post 4 images per post so as there are 12 in total I'll have to create two more posts to show the instalation progress in full.  The grabs are just numbered 1 to 12

1 - Just shows the install directory & 'Secondary installation' selected.
2 - The 'Config' directory  -  I don't recall seeing this previously.
3 - 'Associations' de-selected.
4 - No additional tasks.
5 - Confirmation of install parameters
6 - Install complete
7 - Initial warning on [Run] - Notice ref. to Q:\Stable\fpc\3.0.0\source  ???
     I changed this using [Browse] to Q:\Stable\fpc\3.2.2\source
8 - Shows that [Compiler] was happy but [debugger] couldn't be found
     another [Browse] and Debugger was happy.
9 - Fppkg - reports RTL not installed but left blank and IDE 'Started'

At this point I closed and re-opened Laz and got the Fppkg Error again. This was repeated and eventually I took the option to [Restore Fppkg configuration] which brought up . . .
10 - Showing the old Drive T installation selected.
11 - [Browse] to where there IS a copy of fppkf.cfg  but Laz reports  'directory not found'
12 - A file-manager window proving that the directory & file exist !! ??

On seeing a reference to the 64bit version of FPCUpDelux causing a problem I've also downloaded the 32bit version but got exactly the same problem - still [Not Responding] after 30 minutes.

Two more posts to come with images 5 to 12.
FPC 3.0.0 - Lazarus 1.6 &
FPC 3.2.2  - Lazarus 2.2.0 
Win 7 Ult 64

J-G

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 01:15:17 pm »
Images 5 to 8
Win 7 Ult 64

J-G

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2022, 01:16:09 pm »
Images 9 to 12
Win 7 Ult 64

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2022, 02:04:53 pm »
I didn't follow the whole thread. But I saw the missing TPointF issue still hasn't solved.

You said it was okay on Lazarus 1.6. Can you try reinstalling that version 1.6 again and see if the issue still exists? And later you should test it again on higher versions like 1.8 and 2.0. On which versions does the problem start to show up?

Also, maybe you can try FPCUPdeluxe. It will help you installing Lazarus/FPC but it works differently than the normal installer.
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpcupdeluxe

If none of those can help, I think we need to inspect and collect more information about your computer. Virus/antivirus, file directory structure, etc. If you are okay, you can set TeamViewer and find a volunteer.

J-G

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2022, 02:17:24 pm »
Thanks for your input Handoko. I appreciate that you haven't read the whole thread and that does mean that you've missed the fact that I have done - most -  of what you suggest.

I haven't uninstalled V1.6 - nor do I want to - I wish to create a second installation. I have tried both the 64bit & 32bit versions of FPCUpDelux - without success.

I'll respond to your PM as my next job - thanks.
Win 7 Ult 64

wp

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2022, 02:19:25 pm »
7 - Initial warning on [Run] - Notice ref. to Q:\Stable\fpc\3.0.0\source  ???
     I changed this using [Browse] to Q:\Stable\fpc\3.2.2\source
Is your other (ancient) installation an fpc 3.0? From somewhere, the installer seems to find this. But I wonder why it does not find this directory. Did you install your old version in the meantime? But anyway, the Q:\Stable\fpc\3.2.2\source that you proposed as a replacement is correct.

8 - Shows that [Compiler] was happy but [debugger] couldn't be found
     another [Browse] and Debugger was happy.
The debugger in the standard installation is in Q:\Stable\mingw\x86_64-win64\bin\gdb.exe. If you entered this (and the fact that the IDE is happy suggests this) then it's fine.

11 - [Browse] to where there IS a copy of fppkf.cfg  but Laz reports  'directory not found'
The input needed in the "Generate new fppkg configuration file" refers to the position of the fpc compiler, not of the fppcfg file. In your case, you should enter Q:\Stable\fpc\3.2.2. When you "Browse" to this folder you should see the entries "source" and "fpmkinst" in the browse dialog. That's what the description in the "Generate..." dialog says.

You do not need to reinstall Lazarus to fix this. Go to c:\users\<your name>\appdata\local\FreePascal and delete the directory fppkg. When you now restart Lazarus the "fppkg error dialog" (your 9.png) will reappear. Select "Restore fppkg installation", and in the "Generate ..." dialog (your 11.png) enter Q:\Stable\fpc\3.2.2. Now it should work, at least as far as the fppkg error is concerned.

If the PointF error still exists, go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Files" and show me a screenshot
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 02:24:14 pm by wp »

J-G

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2022, 02:35:40 pm »
[...]
You do not need to reinstall Lazarus to fix this. Go to c:\users\<your name>\appdata\local\FreePascal and delete the directory fppkg. When you now restart Lazarus the "fppkg error dialog" (your 9.png) will reappear. Select "Restore fppkg installation", and in the "Generate ..." dialog (your 11.png) enter Q:\Stable\fpc\3.2.2. Now it should work, at least as far as the fppkg error is concerned.

That gave me some hope WP but even after following these instructions I don't have the option to [Write new configuration files] (greyed out)  because the warnings have not been resolved - screen grab attached (13) ...
Win 7 Ult 64

J-G

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2022, 02:49:21 pm »
If the PointF error still exists, go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Files" and show me a screenshot
I'm not sure if this last para is an [Edit] (didn't notice it before)  but here is a screen grab of the 'Files' section in [Options].
Win 7 Ult 64

wp

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2022, 03:02:54 pm »
Something is messed up here, and it must be related to that fpc3.0.0 because the "Generate..." dialog on my system does not mention fpc3.0.0, but 3.2.2.

This fpc3.0.0 must be related to your original installation. Please go to c:\users\<your name>\appdata\local\ and rename the lazarus folder (please restore it afterwards, otherwise your old installation will create a new default config.

Now repeat the procedure described.

J-G

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2022, 03:58:41 pm »
SUCCESS !!

Well partial - - -  I renamed the old C:\...\Lazarus folder to  Laz 1-6,  started Laz 2.2 and got the fppkg issue but decided to check the [Compiler] tab and lo and behold that har reverted to showing 3.0.0  >:(  ???    hit [Browse] and navigated to 3.2.2  and confirmed that.   
Clicked [Start IDE], the 'test' 'Circles' source opened --  [F9] full compile & display !!   -  no 'Not Found'  :D

Returned to C:\... Laz 1-6 and returned it to original name, Opened Laz 1.6    -    still good!

I now need to resolve the fppkg issue - amongst other things (like cross compiling !!!) 

=============== [EDIT] =======================

Real success !!  -   went through the [Restore Fppkg configuration] again and all 'Warnings' gone [Write new....] available and clicked. 
Re-start Laz 2.2   - no 'fppkg' error!

I've already downloaded the 'lazarus-2.2.0-fpc-3.2.2-cross-i386-win32-win64.exe' cross compiler so that's my next job but should the Cross compile to Linux and Mac OS be just as straightforward ?   --  or is there more to those than just having the Cross-Compiler?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 04:08:39 pm by J-G »
Win 7 Ult 64

wp

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2022, 04:21:59 pm »
Great.

Still worried about the fpc3.0.0...

Does your system's Path contain fpc3.0.0? Open a console and type "path". It will be a long output, but maybe you can find an entry with "fpc3.0.0". In this case, write down the full path to this fpc3.0.0 (just as a backup if my following advice were wrong). Open the system settings in Windows (I have Win 11, you have Win 7, so I can't tell you exactly where that is - they change too much from version to version...). It's a dialog probably named "System properties" with pages "Computer name", "Hardware", "Extended" etc. Open "Extended", there's a button "Environment variables". In the lower part there is a box "System variables" with a "Path" item. Select it and click "Edit". This lists all path entries in a grid. Delete the row with the fpc3.0.0 path (I am very sure (but not 100%) that fpc does not need a path entry). Now that there's no more way how your installed Lazarus should find fpc3.0.0 the "fppkg" setup should no longer display that old version. (If you must restore the fpc path again you simply "Add" the written-down path in the System variables box agaein).

J-G

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2022, 04:41:43 pm »
Still worried about the fpc3.0.0...

Does your system's Path contain fpc3.0.0?

Good shout WP  -  YES it does  -   in 30+ years of building and supporting PCs I have never ever needed to look that deep into the settings  :o

What did surprise me is that I could remember the DOS command to send the output from the command window to a file!!  :D   That way I could read each 'path' easily.

I haven't actually tested the change (to see if Laz 1.6 doesn't like it) since I'm sure that will demand a complete system re-start and I've got a few windows open at the minute.

Oh, and you're right about "they change too much from version to version" !!  don't you just love M$ -  in 7 they are not in a grid, just a single string but I was able to affect an edit.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 04:47:16 pm by J-G »
Win 7 Ult 64

TinyPortal © 2005-2018