Forum > Debugger

Remote debugging on Raspberry (from Windows)

<< < (3/4) > >>

MarkMLl:
Yes, that's been pretty standard since the 80s- thinking about some of the groundbreaking work Logitech did.

But an RPi is entirely adequate for native development.

MarkMLl

DimTim:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on May 15, 2022, 09:09:41 am ---But an RPi is entirely adequate for native development.

--- End quote ---
Well, it's incomparable by speed and comfort with an average modern desktop system - Windows or Linux.  Besides, I couldn't install Lazarus with fpcupdeluxe at Bullseye.  Generally, for me RPi is just amazing MCU with true Linux but without real time capabilities and powerful peripherals, usually present in MCU-s. :)

att2:
Hello,
I have a somewhat similar question... My Setup is: A virtualbox VM with Linux Mint Tara 19 inside and Lazarus/FreePascal for compiling.
I cross-compile to ARM, the target system is a Odroid C2 or an Odroid C4.
Is it possible to configure the Lazarus environment in such a way that after compiling, the executable will be copied to the Odroid C2 or C4, and can I then single-step inside the Lazarus environment to cross-debug the running program on Odroid C2/C4 ?

If this is possible, how do I have to setup the Lazarus/FPC inside the VM? Has anybody done this ... ?

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: att2 on May 17, 2022, 10:01:08 pm ---Hello,
I have a somewhat similar question... My Setup is: A virtualbox VM with Linux Mint Tara 19 inside and Lazarus/FreePascal for compiling.
I cross-compile to ARM, the target system is a Odroid C2 or an Odroid C4.
Is it possible to configure the Lazarus environment in such a way that after compiling, the executable will be copied to the Odroid C2 or C4, and can I then single-step inside the Lazarus environment to cross-debug the running program on Odroid C2/C4 ?

If this is possible, how do I have to setup the Lazarus/FPC inside the VM? Has anybody done this ... ?

--- End quote ---

Yes.

MarkMLl

DimTim:

--- Quote from: att2 on May 17, 2022, 10:01:08 pm ---If this is possible, how do I have to setup the Lazarus/FPC inside the VM? Has anybody done this ... ?

--- End quote ---
I think, your setup will be similar to mine.  Though you should install the Linux version of gdb-multiarch.  Copying executable by Lazarus didn't work for me (Windows to RasPi), so I uploaded it with a scp client; it should work in Linux also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version