Forum > Debugger

Remote debugging on Raspberry (from Windows)

(1/4) > >>

DimTim:
Trying to set up remote debugging on Raspberry Pi with gdbserver (from Windows in my case), I finally found out that gdb-multiarch.exe is required as debugger backend. One may install that (with a bunch of other stuff) with MSYS2.  Also one needs to set "Architecture: arm" in debugger options. "Standard" windows gdb.exe (and Linux gdb) is built without cross-targets support.  Maybe I should add this note to the wiki page?

MarkMLl:
If it's useful advice it's welcome :-)

From my POV, the major gdbserver gotcha is that the commandline parameters specified in the IDE are ignored. I've used it quite a lot for debugging stuff using POSIX capabilities etc.

MarkMLl

DimTim:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on May 06, 2022, 06:39:50 pm ---If it's useful advice it's welcome :-)

--- End quote ---

I hope it is. :)  Lazarus is great programming tool for SBC's such as RasPi, but they are too slow to comfortably work natively.

Edited the Wiki page...

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: DimTim on May 07, 2022, 07:45:57 am ---I hope it is. :)  Lazarus is great programming tool for SBC's such as RasPi, but they are too slow to comfortably work natively.

--- End quote ---

I've never had any problems, either running with a directly-connected screen etc., tunnelling X11 over SSH, or (in extremis) using VNC.

And you've always got the option of keeping the source in Subversion, doing most of the development on a PC, and doing the final compilation/debug on the RPi.

MarkMLl

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: DimTim on May 07, 2022, 07:45:57 am ---Edited the Wiki page...

--- End quote ---
Then I will edit it back, because it is not correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version