Forum > General

[Solved] Console application not running in IDE

(1/3) > >>

andresayang:
Hi All,

Well, I do not know what is going wrong, but I can not run a console application from IDE.
If I build and run from outside, no problem at all.

Lazarus 2.2.0, Debian 10, fresh install.

If anyone has an idea ? (maybe a compiler option wrongly set ?)

Thanks

Handoko:
Did it run on your previous Lazarus versions?

I am not sure but you can try:
Lazarus main  menu > View > Debug Windows > Console In/Output

andresayang:
Hello

Did it run on your previous Lazarus versions?: well I think I was able to set break point before.
But I'm not sure.

The thing is that It does not create any output, simply rename some binary files from the content of the file itself. So there is no I/O console.
When i try to run it, it seems to build, but nothing happen, the program is not executed (and there is "?" if I set break points)

I can run it from outside IDE, it works, no problem (debug with "very old fashion writeln" and I was able to chase my memory leaks).

I'm almost sure that on previous version, I was able to run step by step console application.

Cheers

MarkMLl:
Please note "Quote" button so you can provide a bit of context to your messages where necessary.

--- Quote from: andresayang on May 04, 2022, 07:14:19 pm ---When i try to run it, it seems to build, but nothing happen, the program is not executed (and there is "?" if I set break points)

--- End quote ---

Your combination works OK for me on x86_64. "?" suggests the program's being built without debugging information. Are you /sure/ it's not running, or are you being misled by not being able to set a breakpoint?

Also check whether Run -> Run without Debugging works.

MarkMLl

andresayang:

--- Quote ---Also check whether Run -> Run without Debugging works.

MarkMLl

--- End quote ---

Run without Debugging works ! The program run fine.

Program not executed if I use only Run (with or without debugging info)
Not able to set break point with debug options (all works the way it should when I make a standard lcl application)
I tested with all debug infos option, I usually use "automatic"

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version