Recent

Author Topic: Error in Lazarus when installing components under Linux  (Read 1086 times)

amslafuente

Error in Lazarus when installing components under Linux
« on: April 29, 2022, 05:29:27 pm »
Hi there.

I am facing a problem with component installation.
I have tested several of them with the same result. The issue is that each and every time I try to install a component (e.g. LazReport, but the same occurs with any of them), I get the following message in the process. Obviously, the component is never installed.

---
vpjsonds.pas(717,27) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 1: Got "TStream", expected "TMemoryStream"
fpjson.pp(1407,21) Hint: Found declaration: DumpJSON(TMemoryStream)
---

I am running Fedora 35 and the lastest Lazarus version. However, if I try to install any components using the Windows "version" of Lazarus, they install properly, with no errors.

Any ideas about this?

Thank you very much in advance

-- amsl

MarkMLl

Re: Error in Lazarus when installing components under Linux
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 06:12:28 pm »
I am running Fedora 35 and the lastest Lazarus version.

What do you mean? The "lastest" that came with Fedora, or have you compiled from source using FPC?

What are the EXACT version numbers for FPC and Lazarus?

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

amslafuente

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 07:04:58 pm »
I mean the latest downloaded from the Lazarus site as RPMs

lazarus-2.2.0-0.x86_64
fpc-3.2.2-1.x86_64
fpc-src-3.2.2-1.x86_64
fpc-docs-3.2.2-1.x86_64

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 01:58:36 am »
amslafuente, thats a pretty strange problem, everyone else is constantly installing and removing packages with out problems.

The difference, I suggest, is you are using the Distribution version of Lazarus. You could try your luck ** at reporting it to RedHat but far, far simpler to install Lazarus properly from source.

I suggest you try first removing Lazarus (using rpm, yum etc) leaving FPC stuff there and just build Lazarus from the source you download from official Lazarus site, unlikely that your problem is in FPC but possible of course.

https://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus_on_Linux#Build_Lazarus_from_Source

Davo

** Honestly, in the spirit of open source, you should report it to RedHat but I still, strongly, recommend installing Lazarus from source anyway. Apart from almost certainty fixing this problem, a source install is tidier and more functional.

Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

dseligo

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 02:14:54 am »
I am facing a problem with component installation.
I have tested several of them with the same result. The issue is that each and every time I try to install a component (e.g. LazReport, but the same occurs with any of them), I get the following message in the process. Obviously, the component is never installed.

---
vpjsonds.pas(717,27) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 1: Got "TStream", expected "TMemoryStream"

I checked and I don't have vpjsonds.pas under my Lazarus 2.2.0 installation.
I googled it, and it belongs to TVPlanit package. Try to remove TVPlanit package and then rebuild Lazarus.

amslafuente

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 07:16:04 am »
Well, it's fixed.

Yes, I used to run the distribution version . But, eventually, I removed it and installed the RPMs downloaded from the lazarus site. It seems some "garbage" remained in the process. I've made a fresh new compilation and all is working fine now.
Thanks everyone for your help.

-- amsl

MarkMLl

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 09:29:14 am »
The difference, I suggest, is you are using the Distribution version of Lazarus. You could try your luck ** at reporting it to RedHat

Except that he isn't.

Anyway, he reports the problem solved so it's just another potential issue we need to remember.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

TinyPortal © 2005-2018