Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 2.2.0 on MacOS trouble missing permissions when rebuilding  (Read 1107 times)

ArminLinder

• Keep it simple.
Rebuild of any project fails due to "Unable to delete file /Applications/Lazarus/components/freetype/lib/x86_64-darwin/easylazfreetype.o"

I can skip the message, whereafter x more messages like that are thrown by .o and .ppu files. I can skip all, and my project seems to build correctly.

Version: latest Lazarus 2.2.0/FPC3.3.0 fresh install in BigSur & Mojave, both have same problem.

Cause: obviously missing permissions to folder when a rebuild all attempts to recompile the LCL components.

The whole tree starting with /Applications has permissions _messagebus:RW, admin:R, everyone: R. Sure, I can change this, but should I? I did a clean install, why are those permissions mangled? Probably the components should be located somewhere else, where the user has R/W access?  Probably the components should never be recompiled at all?

A Known issue? Anything I missed?

Armin

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:35:48 am by Nimral »
Lazarus 3.3.2 on Windows 7,10,11, Debian 10.8 "Buster", macOS Catalina, macOS BigSur, VMWare Workstation 15, Raspberry Pi

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user

TinyPortal © 2005-2018