Recent

Author Topic: Auto complete using ctrl space bar stopped working correctly  (Read 1228 times)

Joanna

Auto complete using ctrl space bar stopped working correctly
« on: April 21, 2022, 06:23:54 am »
The key combo for opening the popup menu for auto completion suddenly stopped working. It now takes me to

TPersistent = class(TObject,IFPObserved)
on line 429 of classes.inc file

I have no idea of what i could have done to cause this

I'm using
Lazarus 2.0.12 r64642 FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-win64-win32/win64

I've tried clean up and build and starting a brand new project and it doesn't help..

Update..
i managed to get it to work again by restarting the IDE but I would still like to know what could have caused the strange behavior. >:D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 06:29:35 am by Joanna »
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

Zaher

• parmaja.org
Re: Auto complete using ctrl space bar stopped working correctly
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 05:49:16 pm »
please add Error message and Call stack list

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 05:57:35 pm »
i managed to get it to work again by restarting the IDE but I would still like to know what could have caused the strange behavior. >:D

Very hard to tell....

In general: Codetools does cache certain information. If that cache goes wrong, then unexplained errors happen.

What causes the cache to be wrong? No idea.

How to work around? Either
- restart the IDE
- edit text/source above the error pos (and/or at the start of the unit), and trigger a look-up (completion or jump to declaration ...) of the edited source. That usually clears any cache for sources below the edit.

-----------
As for getting more info: Menu: View > Ide Internals > Show Code Tool node info.
(Though I can't help you with interpreting it.... sorry)

Joanna

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 11:23:13 am »
Thanks for replies I’m not sure if there is any error message or call stack list because it’s happening while I’m trying to code. I’ll try some of the ideas here next time it happens.
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 12:03:19 pm »
If you're on linux then startlazarus from terminal and there you'll see errors

TinyPortal © 2005-2018