Recent

Author Topic: lazmapviewer macOS  (Read 494 times)

cranegri

lazmapviewer macOS
« on: April 20, 2022, 06:03:00 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to use lazmapviewer in lazarus, I am using macOS and I cannot get the project to compile or build. It mentions there is a config missing for it. Anyone has had any issues on this or possible solutions? Should I switch to FNC maps?

Also this is my first time posting, I started using lazarus consistently for internal tools late last year and still learning.

Thank you so much!
-Alex

cranegri

Re: lazmapviewer macOS
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 05:03:26 pm »
Or should I scrap that idea and use the FNC component for the map instead? I have a developer license for it in C++ Builder/Delphi. I am looking for guidance as I am using more and more Lazarus for my internal tools that I am compiling for both MacOS and Windows.

Thank you!
-Alex

wp

Re: lazmapviewer macOS
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 06:31:16 pm »
Just checked whether LazMapViewer is working on mac - yes, it does, but there were issues in the "fulldemo" with a file not found and write permissions for the tile cache. I fixed this in the svn version on Lazarus CCR (download the snapshot from https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/lazmapviewer/, or use SVN).

I have to admit, though, that there may be irreproducible crashes due to the heavy usage of threads.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 06:51:31 pm by wp »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018