Forum > Other OS

Atari m68k

<< < (6/6)

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: peters060 on April 21, 2022, 12:53:36 pm ---So fpc uses the rtl to find the units for compilation ?
--- End quote ---

The compiler completely relies on the RTL for file access and directory iteration. So if you fix it so that long filenames work for normal applications they should also work for the compiler (aside from maybe some setting like marcov mentioned).

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on April 21, 2022, 02:16:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: peters060 on April 21, 2022, 12:53:36 pm ---So fpc uses the rtl to find the units for compilation ?
--- End quote ---

The compiler completely relies on the RTL for file access and directory iteration. So if you fix it so that long filenames work for normal applications they should also work for the compiler (aside from maybe some setting like marcov mentioned).

--- End quote ---

For OP's benefit, I think the important point here is that it doesn't rely on any external make program with its own path handling.

From the POV of somebody interested in the overall family of DR OSes, the documentation I've seen suggests that TOS/GEMDOS moved away from the FCB-based API fairly early but it doesn't explicitly document (i.e. in https://freemint.github.io/tos.hyp/en/gemdos_file.html#Fopen etc.) what the limitations are.

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version