Forum > Linux

Lazarus ide size after adding package

(1/2) > >>

maximilliangreat:
Hi!
I just installed lazarus from distrubution's package manager. Added small simple component, ide rebuilds itself.
Now I have /home/user/.lazarus/lazarus which is 140Mb vs /usr/bin/lazarus which is only 37Mb!
I don't feel like it is a right thing.
Why does it happen and what can I do about it?

dbannon:
Well, you could strip it I guess, not a lot of point really ....

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---dbannon@dell:~/bin/Lazarus/lazarus_2_2_0$ ls -l laz*-rwxrwxr-x 1 dbannon dbannon 185404608 Apr 15 17:00 lazarus.... dbannon@dell:~/bin/Lazarus/lazarus_2_2_0$ strip lazarus dbannon@dell:~/bin/Lazarus/lazarus_2_2_0$ ls -l laz*-rwxrwxr-x 1 dbannon dbannon  43481672 Apr 15 17:37 lazarus
Davo

af0815:
What is your problem with the size of the ide ? I have no problems with big ide's

If you add a small package, this package can have depencies and the depencies can have more depencies. So things can be grown fast :-) But this is no problem with the IDE itself. And space on disks/ssd are actual no problem. And 5GB room for a longer working fpc/ide with all files inside are normal for me. And a Lazarus with 400 MB too.

dseligo:
You can go to menu Tools and then Configure "Build Lazarus..." ...

Check 'Profile to build' option: if you have 'Debug IDE' change it to 'Normal IDE' or 'Optimized IDE' (I use 'Optimized IDE').

tetrastes:
"Normal IDE" is compiled with -g -gl and without -Xs, so you have to strip it manually. I don't understand why it is compiled with debug information (and so run time LCL and other packages), as there is "Debug IDE" option. Especially when -g option is not compatible with FpDebug, which is the default in Lazarus 2.2.0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version