Recent

Author Topic: ubuntu / pop_os icon missing in Applications launcher  (Read 648 times)

Sohen

ubuntu / pop_os icon missing in Applications launcher
« on: April 10, 2022, 06:07:49 pm »
So this has been annoying me for a long time.  Lazarus after you install it lists itself in the applications view for pop_os / ubuntu but the icon is missing.  Does anybody know how to fix this?  Its a little niggle but been broken for a long time.

ojz0r

Re: ubuntu / pop_os icon missing in Applications launcher
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 09:51:15 am »
"Bump".

I just got a new little toy (laptop) and installed Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS. When i install Lazarus 2.2.0 with apt i get no application icon either.
Did you find a fix?
Or do anybody know the steps to add an icon?
Just trying to learn.

MarkMLl

Re: ubuntu / pop_os icon missing in Applications launcher
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 11:17:54 am »
If you're installing using apt then aren't you fetching the package from Ubuntu's repository?

In that case it's the Ubuntu maintainer's problem, not the upstream project's.

Any details about how to install menu entries or add an icon to a menu entry (i.e. a .desktop file) is entirely dependant on the desktop environment, whatever it is. Sorry.

Having said which, my general experience is that most desktop environments (with the notable exception of KDE) have minimal ability to edit .desktop files. There are usually various XDG utilities, but I can't remember whether one of those has the ability to edit an existing .desktop file rather than create one from scratch.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

TinyPortal © 2005-2018