Recent

Author Topic: Is TCSVDataSet fixed?  (Read 4262 times)

egsuh

Re: Is TCSVDataSet fixed?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2022, 09:31:14 am »
How did you build the file? Did you copy it to your own project or did you make sure that the PPU that is provided either with Lazarus (on Windows) or with the FPC installer was updated?

I installed Lazarus 2.2.0 / FPC 3.2.2, Windows 11 64 bit.

I opened csvdataset.pp file in Lazarus IDE, and ran Run>Build File menu. Now csvdataset.ppu file is more recent than csvdataset.pp file.

But the problem still exists --- memory leak is reported at lresources.pp file. Lines 4274,3153, 3180, if exclude control related messages. 

egsuh

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2022, 09:35:16 am »
Please note that I'm using UTF-8 (without BOM) encoded file.

wp

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2022, 10:51:00 am »
I opened csvdataset.pp file, added the above line (and commented out sqldb from uses clause), and built file and then compiled and ran my previous application but the problem still exists.
The csvdataset unit belongs to the FCL, and thus you must rebuild the entire FPC to activate this change. Since this is a bit more tricky than rebuilding the Lazarus IDE, I'd recommend that you simply copy the file csvdataset.pp into your project folder. Later, when a new version with the modified csvdataset has been released you can remove the local copy of the unit again.

egsuh

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2022, 11:06:51 am »
I'd recommend that you simply copy the file csvdataset.pp into your project folder.

Okay. This works. Thanks a lot !!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018