Forum > Networking and Web Programming

client timeout from main thread

(1/1)

jksmithiii:
So I'm stress-testing a server and wrote a client that writes about 100000 posts to it. After about the first 16000 posts I get an ESocketError: connection to server timed out. If I let the client stay idle a bit, it will then fire some more posts.

So on the server side it seems the threads are exhausted and server quits taking requests. Any ideas?

Thanks,
james

jksmithiii:
So it looks like setting QueueSize to a high value is the fix. I got this from the server wiki page:

"Threaded (boolean)
is the server threaded or not ?
Deprecated in 3.3.1 : use ThreadMode instead.
ThreadMode (tmNone,tmThread, tmThreadPool)
Choose how to use threads to process requests. Note that keeping connections open and no threading will not work very well."

So 3.3 has not been released. Has anybody tried development branch for performance improvements?

tuyen:

--- Quote from: jksmithiii on April 06, 2022, 11:46:09 pm ---
So I'm stress-testing a server and wrote a client that writes about 100000 posts to it. After about the first 16000 posts I get an ESocketError: connection to server timed out. If I let the client stay idle a bit, it will then fire some more posts.

So on the server side it seems the threads are exhausted and server quits taking requests. Any ideas?

Thanks,
james

So it looks like setting QueueSize to a high value is the fix. I got this from the server wiki page:

"Threaded (boolean)
is the server threaded or not ?
Deprecated in 3.3.1 : use ThreadMode instead.
ThreadMode (tmNone,tmThread, tmThreadPool)
Choose how to use threads to process requests. Note that keeping connections open and no threading will not work very well."

So 3.3 has not been released. Has anybody tried development branch for performance improvements?

--- End quote ---

This has to be, by far, the worst question I've ever seen asked in this forum.

--- Quote from: jksmithiii on April 06, 2022, 11:46:09 pm ---So I'm stress-testing a server

--- End quote ---
That's nice.  Maybe if you shared what kind of server you're testing, it might be helpful.

--- Quote from: jksmithiii on April 06, 2022, 11:46:09 pm ---So it looks like setting QueueSize to a high value is the fix. I got this from the server wiki page:

--- End quote ---
I'm sure the server wiki page is amazing.  It's too bad that you didn't provide a link, or even a name, so as to give people any idea of what you're talking about.

--- Quote from: jksmithiii on April 06, 2022, 11:46:09 pm ---So 3.3 has not been released. Has anybody tried development branch for performance improvements?

--- End quote ---
Version 3.3 of WHAT, exactly?
Has anyone tried the development branch of WHAT?

If you were here, I would shake you.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: tuyen on May 02, 2022, 10:49:09 pm ---This has to be, by far, the worst question I've ever seen asked in this forum.

--- End quote ---
Hang around tuyen, you will see worse. But yes, this one is right up there !

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version