Forum > Beginners

Minimax algorithm

(1/2) > >>

Tirans:
Hello, can someone please help me out to fix my minimax function, i dont know what im doing wrong :(

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---function  minimax(node, depth, maximizingPlayer);begin    if depth = 0 or node is a terminal node then        result:= 1;    if maximizingPlayer then        value := −2;         for each child of node do            value := max(value, minimax(child, depth − 1, FALSE))        return value    else (* minimizing player *)        value := +2;        for each child of node do            value := min(value, minimax(child, depth − 1, TRUE))        result := value;end;

dseligo:
You don't have types defined, you need to do something like:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---function  minimax(node, depth, maximizingPlayer: Integer): Integer;

dseligo:
And now that I looked it better I see many more errors in your code.

Variable 'value' is not declared.

What is this 'node is a terminal node'? If there is more conditions in 'if' statement, they should be in parenthesis.

What is that 'return' in line 9 doing? Are you trying to translate some C code?

You are probably missing 'begin'/'end' pairs between line 6-9 and 11-14.

This is also not correct: for each child of node do

You are missing semicolons in lines 8 and 13.

Maybe something else.

If you are translating C code, can you show it so we can help you further?

marcov:
That is some form pseudo code. with deliberate gotchas in them. You probably need to translate it to Pascal using courseware as an excercise.

Tirans:
Do you have discord? I think it would be a bit easier to explain everything.

--- Quote from: dseligo on April 02, 2022, 02:58:16 pm ---And now that I looked it better I see many more errors in your code.

Variable 'value' is not declared.

What is this 'node is a terminal node'? If there is more conditions in 'if' statement, they should be in parenthesis.

What is that 'return' in line 9 doing? Are you trying to translate some C code?

You are probably missing 'begin'/'end' pairs between line 6-9 and 11-14.

This is also not correct: for each child of node do

You are missing semicolons in lines 8 and 13.

Maybe something else.

If you are translating C code, can you show it so we can help you further?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version