Recent

Author Topic: Application like Spotify or Discord  (Read 3660 times)

PierceNg

• SamadhiWeb
Re: Application like Spotify or Discord
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2022, 03:47:02 pm »
My suggestion is don't over-analyze this. To build a web app, you gotta start with the web stuff. Since you want to use Pascal, pick one of fcl-web, Brook, Fano, whatever, implement something, take stock and decide on next steps.

tuyen

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2022, 10:37:05 pm »
In sort for web development pascal is your enemy not your friend.

Your enemy is not Pascal.
Your real enemy is a lack of knowledge when it comes to knowing what options are available for you.

Anybody who is considering web development in Pascal should know that they have one of the best web frameworks available to them:  TMS WEB Core.
Anything else is a joke and primitive by comparison.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2022, 09:04:23 am »
Anybody who is considering web development in Pascal should know that they have one of the best web frameworks available to them:  TMS WEB Core.
Anything else is a joke and primitive by comparison.
No. Your use case makes you think of that. Web development is a much wider area then what TMS WEB Core covers. While TMS made an awesome job, especially when combined with VS Code WYSIWYG GUI design features they implemented which help you design web apps like you already do with desktop apps, there are many use cases where mormot, fcl-web (with latest jsonrpc improvements), wst (wsdl described web services), sqldbrestbridge, pascal-jsonrpc-lite-2, ceosmw, and some other frameworks and libraries better fit the bill.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 09:13:46 am by avra »
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

PizzaProgram

• ...developing Delphi apps since 25 years.
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2022, 10:10:26 am »
using Firebird or Postgres.

Do you know that Firebird is developed mostly by russian programmers founded by the Russian government?
They are using it for their bank systems + post offices...

While Firebird 4.0 has nice functions, I think since a Russian war we have to think about it a bit more, what the future of that project will be...

I'm using Delphi7 + Firebird 2.5 too, and I will sooner or later change to PGSQL too.
x86_64-win64 --Win7 PRO 64bit HUN

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2022, 10:36:30 am »

Do you know that Firebird is developed mostly by russian programmers founded by the Russian government?

And so what? Firebird is open source and the Firebird Foundation itself is registered in Australia.

Red_prig

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2022, 10:52:51 am »
As far as I know, in Russia the Firebird fork is "Red Database" and the Postgres fork is "Postgres Pro". I know that the "Postgres Pro" team offers their fixes in the main Postgres, but I haven't heard about Firebird.

cappe

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2022, 02:15:31 pm »

They are using it for their bank systems + post offices...

While Firebird 4.0 has nice functions, I think since a Russian war we have to think about it a bit more, what the future of that project will be...

I'm using Delphi7 + Firebird 2.5 too, and I will sooner or later change to PGSQL too.

i trust russian programmers

TinyPortal © 2005-2018