Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

Running Lazarus Trunk on M1

<< < (3/4) > >>

Okoba:
No. I have problems with the basic install and these does not change related things I think. And now I can not too. Now fpcupdelux is crashing, even the X64 version opens but raises and exception and does not load any server!
It seems it is reading some config from my computer that does not work.
Path of x64 file: /Users/u/Downloads/fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-darwin-cocoa/fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-darwin-cocoa.app
Path of aarch64 file:/Users/u/Downloads/fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-darwin-cocoa/fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-darwin-cocoa.app
I am not very familiar with macOS but it seems way harder than Linux and Windows version to even start with Lazarus.

trev:
Okoba - let's forget installing development versions of FPC and Lazarus for the moment.

* Please delete everything and start again.
* Install the official Lazarus release packages which will install FPC 3.2.2 and Lazarus 2.2.0
* Comprehensive instructions for doing this are in the Installing Lazarus on macOS Wiki article.

This is guaranteed to give you success. Once that is working, and if you really need the "in development" versions of Lazarus and FPC, we can tackle that situation again.

Okoba:
I deleted everything I could find.
Install again as you suggested, and I am happy to say that it works just fine, application and simple program with debugging.
Thank you.

Now I like to ask how you see console output? Should I run the program from console every time? Or is there an option to auto open the console like Windows? As I can not find console output window like Lazarus for Linux.

trev:

--- Quote from: Okoba on March 22, 2022, 12:19:14 pm ---I deleted everything I could find.
Install again as you suggested, and I am happy to say that it works just fine, application and simple program with debugging.
Thank you.
--- End quote ---

Glad to have helped.

--- Quote ---Now I like to ask how you see console output? Should I run the program from console every time? Or is there an option to auto open the console like Windows? As I can not find console output window like Lazarus for Linux.
--- End quote ---

I run the executable from the Terminal (open ./project1.app/Contents/MacOS/project1) or add NSLog() output which also appears in the Console log (/Applications/Utilities/Console).

DonAlfredo:
@okoba
The problems you encounter with fpcupdeluxe are due to the fact that you run it from the download folder. And that is a privileged folder. This issue has been reported by other Mac-users too.
You might (try to) create a new folder on your desktop and copy up into this folder and run up from this new folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version