Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

Error On MACos Bigsur

(1/3) > >>

superc:
Hello,

I'm trying to import project builded in win32 to MACos ( sorry but I'm a newbie) and I receive an error like in attachments..... the unint is reachable, I don't know how to solve the problem... Thanks in advance

Thaddy:
You are trying to compile a Microsoft Windows only program. That won't work on MACos.

superc:

I did not do it on purpose, is that I am using the mac and I am cutting myself

superc:
I'm now trying to install all components and I have problem with two : eye candy control and pl_synapsevs... Motto of lazarus is " Write once compile everywhere" .... why do you tell me it can't work?

rvk:
Who created that WindowsSpecialFolders unit?
You'll need to create equivalent functions for the Mac (you can use IFDEFs to separate the code to keep using just one unit).

--- Quote from: superc on March 11, 2022, 03:33:08 pm ---Motto of lazarus is " Write once compile everywhere" .... why do you tell me it can't work?

--- End quote ---
Of course. But you do need to write with cross-platform in mind. You can't use special Windows-calls and expect it to work on a Mac. The Mac doesn't have a C-drive, does it? It has a lot of things different from Windows. So you need to write some code which takes into account it can run on different platforms.

--- Quote from: superc on March 11, 2022, 03:33:08 pm ---I'm now trying to install all components and I have problem with two : eye candy control and pl_synapsevs...

--- End quote ---
pl_synapsevs??? Are you using Lazarus or CodeTyphon?
I don't think we have pl_ units in Lazarus, do we?

Not sure if  eye candy is Mac compatible.
Edit: Apparently it is. https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=50053.15

But you'll need to provide a lot more information than "it doesn't work". All that information is needed for someone to direct you in the right direction.
What version of Lazarus are you using?
What kind of Mac are you using (new M1 or Intel)?
Etc.

And if you are using CodeTyphon it might be best to ask on their forum (or switch to Lazarus).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version