Forum > General

Link error on BGRA install to IDE

(1/1)

iru:
Gentlefolk,
Environment: Lenovo X240, Linux Mint 20.2

Laz 2.0.12, FPC 3.2.0 and anything more modern. Installed by fpcupdeluxe.

Everything installs and works well. Then attempt to install BGRA Bitmap and Controls.

When attempting to rebuild the IDE the process fails with a linking error. The following is an extract:

(9022) Compiling resource /home/iru/LAZ-1/lazarus/units/x86_64-linux/gtk2/lazarus.or
(9015) Linking ../lazarus
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

All the 'messages' content is in the attached file.

Any help appreciated, Ian.

Thaddy:
Can it be that the dev libraries for opengl are not installed? For normal use they are not necessary, but for development they are:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---sudo apt-get install mesa-utils libglu1-mesa-dev freeglut3-dev mesa-common-dev -ysudo apt-get install libglew-dev libglfw3-dev libglm-dev -ysudo apt-get install libao-dev libmpg123-dev -yThis is for the Debian family. I am not using mint, but it is based on Debian.
(The above is probably too much for BGRA, but should be complete)

iru:
Thanks for the response.

I think the problem is somewhat bigger than BGRA....

Linux is up to date with all the latest updates.

I applied the updates you specified and then I rebuilt LAZ-Pascal at earlier revisions 3.0.2, 2.0.10.

Installed the on-line package manager and attempted to install BGRA.

Clicked on 'Do you want to rebuild the IDE'.

Crash, bang the entire process crashed.....

I will have a look at the environment, rebuild and/or tidy things up...

Thanks for the suggestion, Ian.

iru:
Interesting, even though the rebuild of the IDE process appeared to crash when I restarted Lazarus the BGRA  components were on the component menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version