Installing RichMemo into Lazarus 2.0.0

<< < (3/3)

rick2691:
wp,

Thanks for your review.

--- Quote ---dwCookie:= Longint(SourceStream);

--- End quote ---

Would it be the same method; ie. LongWord(SourceStream);

--- Quote ---Nobody forces you to use Online Package Manager.

--- End quote ---

That hasn't been my experience. I cannot select a disk package and install it. I bring it in, and I compile it, but it doesn't install. It has been several years since I have had to install from disk, and I may have forgotten another step that I have follow.

I agree that Online Package Manager is perfect and easy to use, but I haven't where it will install an older version of RichMemo.

wp:

--- Quote from: rick2691 on March 09, 2022, 05:07:23 pm ---
--- Quote ---dwCookie:= Longint(SourceStream);

--- End quote ---

Would it be the same method; ie. LongWord(SourceStream);
--- End quote ---

It would be the same issue. LongInt, LongWord, Cardinal, DWord - they always are 32-bit integers, in both 32- and 64-bit applications. But the integers that you need must change their size from 32 to 64 bit, depending on the bitness of the application. And these are the PtrInt, PtrUInt, NativeInt, NativeUInt types.

--- Quote from: rick2691 on March 09, 2022, 05:07:23 pm ---I cannot select a disk package and install it. I bring it in, and I compile it, but it doesn't install. It has been several years since I have had to install from disk, and I may have forgotten another step that I have follow.
--- End quote ---
No you can. Go to "Package" > "Open package file" > Navigate to the folder in which you unzipped the package; select the .lpk file > "Use" > "Install". This works for most packages.

BUT: you cannot "install" runtime packages (you can see this in "Option" > "IDE Integration") - you only need to open the package file so that the IDE knows where the lpk file ist.

And some packages are split into runtime and designtime packages. They usually have an appendix in their name such as "Run"/"Design" or "R"/"D" or similar. At first "open" the runtime package with "Package" > "Open package file". Then load the designtime package and "install" it as I described above.

Usually runtime and designtime packages must reside in different directories, and sometimes the designtime package is hard to find. Like with RichMemo. The package that you see first here it the runtimepackage ("richmemopackage.lpk"); the designtime package is in folder "ide" of the RichMemo installation ("richmemo_design.lpk")

If you, by all means, want an older version of RichMemo, take this one: https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/richmemo/ (download the "Snapshot"), or maybe even this ancient one: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/RichMemo/RichMemo%201.0.0/. But don't ask for help in case of bugs - everybody will tell you to upgrad to a newer version...

rick2691:
wp,

--- Quote ---LongInt, LongWord, Cardinal, DWord - they always are 32-bit integers, in both 32- and 64-bit applications. But the integers that you need must change their size from 32 to 64 bit, depending on the bitness of the application. And these are the PtrInt, PtrUInt, NativeInt, NativeUInt types.

--- End quote ---

Now I get it.

--- Quote ---But don't ask for help in case of bugs - everybody will tell you to upgrade to a newer version.

--- End quote ---

Got it.

Rick

skalogryz:

--- Quote from: wp on March 09, 2022, 05:46:54 pm ---But don't ask for help in case of bugs - everybody will tell you to upgrad to a newer version...

--- End quote ---
do be honest, I won't... I'd be happy to update richmemo sources to be compatible with 2.0.0 (if a certain IFDEFs used)

But the problem is not with richmemo itself, but rather with FPC version changes and the use of WinAPI directly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version