Forum > RichMemo

[SOLVED] RichMemo and display of embedded images in an rtf file

(1/2) > >>

petevick:
Am I correct in saying that RichMemo cannot display embedded images in an rtf file ??. I've tried it in Linux and Windows and neither display any images. Font formatting seems fine.

skalogryz:
Windows can (but it might depend on the type of the image). The easiest test is to open the file in "WordPad". If you see Icons there, then RichMemo should be able to show it as well.

Linux Gtk2 unlikely. Qt5 might be able to do it.

petevick:

--- Quote from: skalogryz on March 01, 2022, 04:57:20 pm ---Windows can (but it might depend on the type of the image). The easiest test is to open the file in "WordPad". If you see Icons there, then RichMemo should be able to show it as well.

Linux Gtk2 unlikely. Qt5 might be able to do it.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, Wordpad opens with a message saying some content is blocked, but you can unblock.

I tried GTK3 but unsurprisingly that didn't even display any text  %)

skalogryz:

--- Quote from: petevick on March 01, 2022, 05:26:10 pm ---Yeah, Wordpad opens with a message saying some content is blocked, but you can unblock.

--- End quote ---
The Windows security reasons now. Well, RichMemo is not ready for that.
A few things to try - try to resave RTF file with inserting images in another way.

However, if you're looking to have images working with Gtk (2 or 3) it's unlikely to happen.

--- Quote from: petevick on March 01, 2022, 05:26:10 pm ---I tried GTK3 but unsurprisingly that didn't even display any text  %)

--- End quote ---
this is probably due to a missing RTF loader.
and the support for Gtk3 by richmemo
https://wiki.freepascal.org/RichMemo#Gtk3

petevick:

--- Quote from: skalogryz on March 01, 2022, 05:43:36 pm ---However, if you're looking to have images working with Gtk (2 or 3) it's unlikely to happen.

--- End quote ---
Yes, i need to see images in Win and Linux.

I've come across KControls, their TKMemo control does actually display images in both Win and Linux, without any security issues in Win. The only small issue is a higher compiled size than using RichMemo, around 0.9MB in the project it's in, but hey, it works !!  ;D

Thanks for help skalogryz, I appreciate it  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version