Forum > Designer

Embded form editor (DockedFormEditor fork)

<< < (2/2)

K155LA3:

--- Quote from: wp on February 20, 2022, 03:39:23 pm ---Please make the form header optional. The designer form is often too small and requires scrolling; adding a title bar makes it even smaller.

--- End quote ---
Well, it is not difficult.
In the options added Chekbox to show/hide Titlebar. Fixed version in attachment.

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: K155LA3 on February 20, 2022, 02:29:01 pm ---I will try. But first, I propose to integrate all these improvements to the current version of DockedFormEditor and lay out in this topic for testing. After all, more than a year has passed since the version of DockedFormEeditor in which these changes are made.

--- End quote ---
I proposed the GitLab fork for exactly that reason. Just copying your sources on top of the existing ones reverts any bug fixes since a year ago.
Revision control is a good invention. Please use it.

--- Quote ---And also I will try to note the sections of the code so that it is easier to add one by one improvement per commit.
I propose to divide improvements to the following steps:

--- End quote ---
Add a separate commit with a descriptive message for each step using Git tools like "git gui" or TortoiseGit or whatever you use.

K155LA3:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on February 20, 2022, 10:01:23 pm ---I proposed the GitLab fork for exactly that reason. Just copying your sources on top of the existing ones reverts any bug fixes since a year ago.
--- End quote ---
It is not so easy as it seems. DockedFormEditor with whom I worked I took from Mantis Bug Tracker, before it moving to Gitlab and DockedFormEditor was added to the Lazarus components. It looks more like SpartaDockedFormEditor than on the current release DockedForMeditor.
For example "ResizeFrame" now has ceased to be TFrame and turned into several classes.
Most likely, I will have to transfer the changes manually and after that, to transfer to the GitLab.

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on February 20, 2022, 10:01:23 pm ---I proposed the GitLab fork for exactly that reason. Just copying your sources on top of the existing ones reverts any bug fixes since a year ago.
--- End quote ---
Alas, I am to some extent "dinosaur", most of the time I am offline. It will be necessary to learn how to work with Git, but it will not be quickly.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: K155LA3 on February 23, 2022, 09:03:56 pm ---most of the time I am offline. It will be necessary to learn how to work with Git, but it will not be quickly.

--- End quote ---

Well, git is perfect for offline. You can commit, compare, check history, and a cornucopia more - all while being offline.

As for learning. If you come from SVN then check out either of those 2 sides
- https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/SVN_to_GIT_Cheatsheet  (my preference / recommendation)
- https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FPC_git

They both cover the same. You only need one, and then should ignore the other.

I marked my recommendation, and on that (marked) page is also a short summary about the difference between them.

As you seem to be on Windows, install TortoiseGit. It is really similar to TortoiseSvn. => So as soon as you have done your reading on the diff between "svn commit" and "git commit" + "git push", well you are good to go. The rest you learn on the go.

If you use commandline git, read up on the diff between "svn add" and "git add". TortoiseGit hides that from you, so you kinda get the svn like behaviour.

K155LA3:
All improvements added. In attachments, two archives, one final, the other contains a phased implementation of improvements (be on the safe side).
Now I will deal with how Git works.
P.S.: On the GitLab, my nickname is already busy (perhaps it happened when it was transferred all Issue from Mantis Bug Tracker).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version