Forum > Linux

Updating Lazarus 2.2.0RC2 --> 2.2.0 (together with latest FPC)

(1/2) > >>

ArminLinder:
On my Debian VM I currently have 2.2.0RC2/FPC 3.2.2 installed using sudo apt. I need to update to 2.2.0 release.

Unfortunately the wiki at https://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus_on_Linux  does not have anything to say about updates.

Who can give me instructions?

The initial install was, IIRC, via sudo apt-get install Lazarus. I tried sudo apt-get upgrade Lazarus, but it seems this command won't give me a 2.2.0, but a 2.0.12.

Thnx, Armin.

trev:
Uninstall the current version (I'm guessing apt has a facility to do this - I'm not a Linux user).

Install from source following the Wiki instructions because, from what I've read, most (all?) Linux distribution repos are behind current FPC and Lazarus versions for various reasons.

dbannon:
Just install the new one, it will overwrite the rc version and apt will update the database accordingly.

Davo

Zvoni:
And debian is especially notorious to lag behind current versions

dbannon:

--- Quote from: Zvoni on February 15, 2022, 08:41:20 am ---And debian is especially notorious to lag behind current versions

--- End quote ---

It appears that the OP is using downloaded debs direct from FPC/lazarus, not the Debian ones.

By the way, if you feel brave, Debian Testing usually has a pretty up to date version, it is right up there at the moment.

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version