Forum > Debugger

Windows Debugger in Lazarus Release 2.2.0

(1/1)

kegge13:
When I installed the latest release after completey removing the old Lazarus everything seemed to work fine. My programs build as expected
Execpt when I went to debugging mode (checking "Generate info for the debugger") I just get:

--- Quote ---Compile Project, Mode: Debug, Target: output\BistroMath.exe: Exit code 1, Errors: 1
Error: C:\lazarus\fpc\3.2.2\bin\x86_64-win64\ppcx64.exe returned an error exitcode

--- End quote ---

This also happens when I start a new application ("hello world" or just a button). As soon as I check debugging I will get exit code 1. Without debugging it compiles and runs.
Running Win10/64. On my old laptop the same behavior is observed now.
Further investigation shows that checking also "Use Heaptrc unit" triggers the error. Without that, it will compile.

Any clues?
Thanks in advance.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: kegge13 on February 10, 2022, 01:45:08 pm ---When I installed the latest release after completey removing the old Lazarus everything seemed to work fine. My programs build as expected
Execpt when I went to debugging mode (checking "Generate info for the debugger") I just get:

--- Quote ---Compile Project, Mode: Debug, Target: output\BistroMath.exe: Exit code 1, Errors: 1
Error: C:\lazarus\fpc\3.2.2\bin\x86_64-win64\ppcx64.exe returned an error exitcode

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Try the context menu of the messages window: Copy > Copy all and original messages
Or maybe fpc 3.2.2 does not yet give a better error. Using a later fpc returns a proper error.

The issues is that -gh and -gv are mutually exclusive. They both replace the mem-manager with different new mem-mgr.
You only need -gv if you plan to run your app under valgrind.

I don't know if prior fpc may have ignored the conflict.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version