Recent

Author Topic: Compiling and saving the code  (Read 6663 times)

utec1

Compiling and saving the code
« on: October 11, 2008, 08:53:00 am »
Hi,

I'm a italian user, sorry for my bad english... i speek very well italian, no english.  :roll:

When you want to test a project Lazarus saves the code before compiling it.

Pity that this would lose the original code!

It's impossible to do numerous tests necessary without damaging the previous version on which it was working, and go back and almost always difficult, if not impossible.

It should be the user to decide when to save your work, not Lazarus!

When you start Lazarus and the tests are complete without him save the code. But when the code was saved from that moment on, every time, the code is stored before being executed.

You will know something? E 'can solve this huge, as trivial, bug?

Thank you!

:?:

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
RE: Compiling and saving the code
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 05:31:58 am »
By default Lazarus create a directory containing all backup files before you save the whole project, normally under name Backup. Check your Environment->Environment Options->Backup.

utec1

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:20:20 am »
Thanks for your contribution.

I can not use well the function of Bacup planned menu environment, but that's not what I was looking ...

I believe that it is useful to decide to save or not save a project or a file before you run it ... In the final analysis be enough to activate a flag or a little more.

In the IDE Lazarus are multiple files *.pp. For example, there is main.pp that seems interesting.

Imagine doing that modified and the build of Lazarus change its behavior. But it is not, unfortunately.  :cry:

Sai suggest something about it?

Many show surprise to my request. But I think legittimna and logic!
Thanks anyway.  :)

theo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:17:35 am »
Afaik, Lazarus is calling the compiler as an external tool.
Unlike Delphi, the sources have to be written to disk before FPC can read/compile them.
Lazarus is not passing them in-memory.
But I had no problem with the Lazarus way so far.

utec1

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 04:06:45 pm »
Thanks for your answer,

I do not understand why all show wonder and surprise. Basically just a button in the menu more: a "save [all], compile and run" (the one that already exists) and another "complete and run" without saving anything...

You could achieve this simply by changing the condition of main.pp in the ide of Lazarus.

I'm trying but there are still successful... :?

AndrejM

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:47:55 pm »
Yes I had the same problem and posted it in another thread. Basically it would be nice to have such option as sometimes you're doing several test runs while changing the code in between, since the Undo option only recalls the last known state (the last time you hit the Run button).

Constantly having to open the backup file is really unpractical and time consuming. Hope this gets a patch one day.

utec1

Re: Compiling and saving the code
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 01:26:38 pm »
Yes I had the same problem and posted it in another thread. Basically it would be nice to have such option as sometimes you're doing several test runs while changing the code in between, since the Undo option only recalls the last known state (the last time you hit the Run button).

Constantly having to open the backup file is really unpractical and time consuming. Hope this gets a patch one day.

Thank you! I have only now seen your reply.

At least you and I have noticed the same problem.

Today this annoying problem (at least for me it is) not yet been resolved. Sin!  :-\

To the next.

Thanks to all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018