Recent

Author Topic: Error On MACos Bigsur  (Read 1816 times)

superc

Error On MACos Bigsur
« on: March 11, 2022, 03:02:51 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to import project builded in win32 to MACos ( sorry but I'm a newbie) and I receive an error like in attachments..... the unint is reachable, I don't know how to solve the problem... Thanks in advance

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: Error On MACos Bigsur
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 03:07:04 pm »
You are trying to compile a Microsoft Windows only program. That won't work on MACos.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

superc

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 03:11:29 pm »

I did not do it on purpose, is that I am using the mac and I am cutting myself

superc

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 03:33:08 pm »
I'm now trying to install all components and I have problem with two : eye candy control and pl_synapsevs... Motto of lazarus is " Write once compile everywhere" .... why do you tell me it can't work?

rvk

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 03:50:04 pm »
Who created that WindowsSpecialFolders unit?
You'll need to create equivalent functions for the Mac (you can use IFDEFs to separate the code to keep using just one unit).

Motto of lazarus is " Write once compile everywhere" .... why do you tell me it can't work?
Of course. But you do need to write with cross-platform in mind. You can't use special Windows-calls and expect it to work on a Mac. The Mac doesn't have a C-drive, does it? It has a lot of things different from Windows. So you need to write some code which takes into account it can run on different platforms.

I'm now trying to install all components and I have problem with two : eye candy control and pl_synapsevs...
pl_synapsevs??? Are you using Lazarus or CodeTyphon?
I don't think we have pl_ units in Lazarus, do we?

Not sure if  eye candy is Mac compatible.
Edit: Apparently it is. https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=50053.15

But you'll need to provide a lot more information than "it doesn't work". All that information is needed for someone to direct you in the right direction.
What version of Lazarus are you using?
What kind of Mac are you using (new M1 or Intel)?
Etc.

And if you are using CodeTyphon it might be best to ask on their forum (or switch to Lazarus).

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 03:55:55 pm by rvk »

superc

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 03:57:06 pm »
Now I'm installed Eye Candy Controls by removing on "[ssModifier, ssAlt, ssMeta]" ssMeta and seems fine.... Well then problem now are cross compatibility with Windows filesystem and pl_SynapseVS ... I'm using lazarus 2.2.0 and fpc 3.2.2 .... I'm using an i5 MAC on BigSure, and I've converted this project from Codetyphon to Lazarus. In OPM I've found pl_SynapseVS
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 03:59:59 pm by superc »

rvk

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 04:04:48 pm »
Now I'm installed Eye Candy Controls by removing on "[ssModifier, ssAlt, ssMeta]" ssMeta and seems fine.... Well then problem now are cross compatibility with Windows filesystem and pl_SynapseVS ... I'm using lazarus 2.2.0 and fpc 3.2.2
Wow, I wonder how pl_SynapseVS got in the Online Package manager. Since I thought it was a CodeTyphon package.

What components of pl_SynapseVS are you using?

If you look in the Online Package manaer and type Synapse you both see pl_SynapseVS and Synapse 40.1.
When you click the little + in front of pl_SynapseVS you see it's for gtk2 and win32/win64. Cocoa isn't listed there.
If you do the same with Synapse you see Cacoa is listed.

So you need to find an alternative for those packaged which don't support Mac/Cocoa.
(assuming you are using Cocoa)

superc

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2022, 04:16:26 pm »
I receive and error like this
Process:               lazarus [9923]
Path:                  /Applications/laz/*/lazarus.app/Contents/MacOS/lazarus
Identifier:            lazarus.freepascal.ide
Version:               2.2.0 (4)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           lazarus [9923]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2022-03-11 16:11:31.095 +0100
OS Version:            macOS 11.6.4 (20G417)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        C53C97AA-EE32-F38C-19CF-79EB340BB466

Time Awake Since Boot: 7600 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib
abort() called
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.

some time ago i tried to fix it but i had to give up

rvk

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 04:20:52 pm »
/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib
abort() called
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.
/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib abort() called might be the same problem as described here:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=48423.0

superc

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 11:30:05 am »
/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib
abort() called
/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib abort() called might be the same problem as described here:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=48423.0

Hello, It's the same error it would seem but, I don't understand how resolve it because if i try to install pl_synapsevs my Lazarus installation crash with no response;
the second problem is that I don't have the libraries '/usr/lib/libssl.46.dylib' and '/usr/lib/libcrypto.44.dylib' ...
More generally I did not understand how to communicate with mac through com ports ... what are the components that work?

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2022, 11:57:20 am »
the second problem is that I don't have the libraries '/usr/lib/libssl.46.dylib' and '/usr/lib/libcrypto.44.dylib' ...

See my Wiki article: macOS Big Sur changes for developers particularly the section on the Built-in dynamic linker cache.

superc

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2022, 12:36:47 pm »

See my Wiki article: macOS Big Sur changes for developers particularly the section on the Built-in dynamic linker cache.

ok I'm trying with failure to compile linked program, but.... why don't you attach this two library? If you have write this article, you will surely have extracted the libraries

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 10:32:29 pm »
ok I'm trying with failure to compile linked program, but.... why don't you attach this two library? If you have write this article, you will surely have extracted the libraries

You misunderstand. Re-read the first paragraph of the linked section.

superc

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2022, 12:02:41 pm »
You misunderstand. Re-read the first paragraph of the linked section.

for extract Lib I've used

https://github.com/keith/dyld-shared-cache-extractor

the highest version extracted are libssl.46.dylib and libcrypto.44.dylib

What is it that I did not understand?

Thanks in advance

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2022, 12:31:29 pm »
There is ZERO point in extracting the libraries. They are already in the cache! You don't need to extract them to use them. You only need to extract them if you want to disassemble them which I doubt you want to do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018