Recent

Author Topic: What files need run app ot other computer  (Read 1624 times)

eldonfsr

What files need run app ot other computer
« on: February 04, 2022, 03:43:39 pm »
Hello well after working several days on mac to build apps i understand some thing, but i my question is what i need to do run app at other computer what files what is process to create install file or  what files i need to run the app and what i need to change , I knew on mac not all the file executables , for store and security on mac... please can tell me about this.

any help great...

rossh_lz

Re: What files need run app ot other computer
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 08:41:40 pm »
It's an .app bundle.  You can read about them here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/AboutBundles/AboutBundles.html

Right click any existing .app and select "view contents" to see the structure.   You will also be required to sign and notarize any app for distribution these days.  https://wiki.freepascal.org/Notarization_for_macOS_10.14.5%2B
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 08:54:21 pm by rossh_lz »

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 10:51:07 pm »
@eldonfsr: Everything you need to know is contained in the Wiki's Mac Portal page. I can keep posting links to it but you might as well just read it for yourself and save me the trouble. Hint: there's a topic called "Deploying Your Application".

eldonfsr

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 05:36:42 pm »
Thanks i read all documents just some doubts in frameworks folder sad we can put libraries like libmysqlclient, i mede some test of that but never get open lib from there and also sad system libs must beat local lib, when put libs /usr/local/lib/mysql/lib works...

Thanks su much for time and help.... 

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 10:55:26 pm »
Thanks i read all documents just some doubts in frameworks folder sad [said?] we can put libraries like libmysqlclient, i mede [made] some test of that but never get open lib from there

I provided a working example in the Wiki with plenty of error checking and diagnostics. Did you get that example to work? If not, what is the error?

when put libs /usr/local/lib/mysql/lib works...

Then you are not doing everything that is required for your executable to find the library in its own application bundle framework folder.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018