Recent

Author Topic: What files need run app ot other computer  (Read 1029 times)

eldonfsr

What files need run app ot other computer
« on: February 04, 2022, 03:43:39 pm »
Hello well after working several days on mac to build apps i understand some thing, but i my question is what i need to do run app at other computer what files what is process to create install file or  what files i need to run the app and what i need to change , I knew on mac not all the file executables , for store and security on mac... please can tell me about this.

any help great...

rossh_lz

Re: What files need run app ot other computer
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 08:41:40 pm »
It's an .app bundle.  You can read about them here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/AboutBundles/AboutBundles.html

Right click any existing .app and select "view contents" to see the structure.   You will also be required to sign and notarize any app for distribution these days.  https://wiki.freepascal.org/Notarization_for_macOS_10.14.5%2B
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 08:54:21 pm by rossh_lz »

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 10:51:07 pm »
@eldonfsr: Everything you need to know is contained in the Wiki's Mac Portal page. I can keep posting links to it but you might as well just read it for yourself and save me the trouble. Hint: there's a topic called "Deploying Your Application".
Lazarus 2.3, FPC 3.3.1 macOS 12.3.1 x86_64 Xcode 13.4
Lazarus 2.3, FPC 3.3.1 macOS 12.3.1 aarch64 Xcode 13.4

eldonfsr

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 05:36:42 pm »
Thanks i read all documents just some doubts in frameworks folder sad we can put libraries like libmysqlclient, i mede some test of that but never get open lib from there and also sad system libs must beat local lib, when put libs /usr/local/lib/mysql/lib works...

Thanks su much for time and help.... 

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 10:55:26 pm »
Thanks i read all documents just some doubts in frameworks folder sad [said?] we can put libraries like libmysqlclient, i mede [made] some test of that but never get open lib from there

I provided a working example in the Wiki with plenty of error checking and diagnostics. Did you get that example to work? If not, what is the error?

when put libs /usr/local/lib/mysql/lib works...

Then you are not doing everything that is required for your executable to find the library in its own application bundle framework folder.
Lazarus 2.3, FPC 3.3.1 macOS 12.3.1 x86_64 Xcode 13.4
Lazarus 2.3, FPC 3.3.1 macOS 12.3.1 aarch64 Xcode 13.4

TinyPortal © 2005-2018