Forum > Documentation (Maintaining -)

Uploading all project code for wiki samples in .zip format

<< < (5/5)

dsiders:

--- Quote from: Nimral on February 03, 2022, 02:02:15 pm ---
--- Quote from: dbannon on February 03, 2022, 12:54:32 pm ---Yes, seen lots of cases like that.  And, perhaps, the second problem with posting on the forum is that its time sensitive, a thread is popular, active discussion, someone posts a tar ball with the answer and then the thread becomes history but that tarball takes up space forever. While no more space hungry than a screenshot, the tarball is more likely to get external links pointing to it.....

--- End quote ---

I didn't see any reason why to not accept (small) zips in the wiki, not the forum!

But anyway ... I prefer the GIT approach.

I wonder if it is, btw, possible to put a link in a page which does automatically point to GITs "download zip file" functionality? I don't see any good in dropping someone wanting the sources off in the GIT GUI where he has to mess with all the nicely coloured gizmos a while until he eventually finds the zip download menu.

Armin.

--- End quote ---

Did you look at the URL on the gitlab web page? It uses a predictable scheme. The address book example would be:

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/archive/main/lazarus-main.zip?path=examples/address_book

dbannon:

--- Quote from: dsiders on February 03, 2022, 04:02:16 pm ---

Did you look at the URL on the gitlab web page? It uses a predictable scheme. The address book example would be:

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/archive/main/lazarus-main.zip?path=examples/address_book

--- End quote ---

Yes, its deterministic now but I hope, at some stage, the git repo will move under FPC/Lazarus and the actual GUI will be part of the Lazarus IDE. When and if that happens, by far the easiest way for an end user to download an example source will be from the (new) Examples Window built into the IDE. But, if that happens, will not be immediately !

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version