Forum > QT

[SOLVED] Linux 19.3 32 bit QT5

<< < (2/3) > >>

petevick:
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

--- Quote from: dbannon on January 29, 2022, 01:39:30 pm ---You can build your own libqt5pas or use the deb from https://github.com/davidbannon/libqt5pas
--- End quote ---
I'd like to do that but can't find much info on how to build, and all those debs are 64bit.

--- Quote ---But you would be far better updating your OS I am afraid.
--- End quote ---
As I mentioned, 19.3 is 32 bit on a VM, I run Linux 20.3 as my main os, just using the 19.3 vm to compile a 32bit version of my projects.

--- Quote ---And even with newer OS, consider using the official Lazarus install kits rather than the ones from your distro.
--- End quote ---
I did use the official Lazarus packages.

winni:
Hi

Last Linux kernel version is

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---5.16.1-1
To get your version use

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---uname -a
Winni

petevick:
I've solved this by using QT4 with Lazarus 2.0.12, and using libqt4pas5_2.5-18_i386.deb from https://packages.debian.org/stretch/i386/libqt4pas5/download for the app support

dbannon:
Good, glad its under control.  An easier approach might have been to install Debian on your VM, the current stable, Bullseye is available in 32bit.  So is testing but may not be there when it becomes stable if you believe the rumors.

Cross compiling from your 64bit install to 32bit is also a practicable option.

EDIT: impracticable >> practicable

Davo

petevick:

--- Quote from: dbannon on January 29, 2022, 11:35:13 pm ---Cross compiling from your 64bit install to 32bit is also a impracticable option.

--- End quote ---
Oh I've been there and lost a lot of hair trying to make it work. It's why I've also got a Win 10 VM for compiling to Windows 32 bit, VM's makes life so much easier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version