Forum > QT

[SOLVED] Linux 19.3 32 bit QT5

(1/3) > >>

petevick:
I'm running a 32 bit Linux 19.3 in a VM, I have Lazarus 2.2 installed, I have installed libqt5pas1 and libqt5pas-dev using sudo apt install. I load a project into Lazarus and set LCLWidgetType to qt5 and F9 to compile. All seems fine until the following error messages...

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Compile Project, Mode: QT5, Target: QcadUserTheme: Exit code 1, Errors: 3Error: /home/pete/.lazarus/lib/units/i386-linux/qt5/qtwidgets.o: In function `TQTABSTRACTSPINBOX__SETVALUE':Error: /usr/share/lazarus/2.2.0/lcl/interfaces/./qt5/qtwidgets.pas:(.text.n_qtwidgets$_$tqttextedit_$__$$_settexthint$ansistring+0x73): undefined reference to `QTextEdit_setPlaceholderText'QcadUserTheme.lpr(15,36) Error: Error while linking Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem is please ?

dbannon:
19.3 ?  Is that a Linux Mint ?  I cannot remember which Ubuntu its based on but if its 18.04, the distro versions of libqt5pas will not work.

So, please tell us more about your Linux distribution.

Next suggestion, you have installed the official distribution repository packages ?  (Ie not the ones from here).

Its likely you are using Debian packages and Debian like to break Lazarus up into a set of smaller packages. Please make sure you have the Lazarus-QT5 package.

It might be Lazarus-LCL-Qt5 or something similar, you may need to do a bit of a search.  Or start again and get your packages from the Lazarus site and it will all work fine.

https://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus_on_Linux

Davo

zeljko:

--- Quote from: petevick on January 29, 2022, 10:42:32 am ---I'm running a 32 bit Linux 19.3 in a VM, I have Lazarus 2.2 installed, I have installed libqt5pas1 and libqt5pas-dev using sudo apt install. I load a project into Lazarus and set LCLWidgetType to qt5 and F9 to compile. All seems fine until the following error messages...

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Compile Project, Mode: QT5, Target: QcadUserTheme: Exit code 1, Errors: 3Error: /home/pete/.lazarus/lib/units/i386-linux/qt5/qtwidgets.o: In function `TQTABSTRACTSPINBOX__SETVALUE':Error: /usr/share/lazarus/2.2.0/lcl/interfaces/./qt5/qtwidgets.pas:(.text.n_qtwidgets$_$tqttextedit_$__$$_settexthint$ansistring+0x73): undefined reference to `QTextEdit_setPlaceholderText'QcadUserTheme.lpr(15,36) Error: Error while linking Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem is please ?

--- End quote ---

Seem that qt5 libs version is < qt5-5.6

zeljko:
Or you must rebuild libqt5pas by yourself, since distro one is old

dbannon:
Yes, assuming it is Linux Mint 19.3, that just U18.04 under the skin, it has the old version of libq5pas that falls over with things like Tmemo.

You can build your own libqt5pas or use the deb from https://github.com/davidbannon/libqt5pas

But you would be far better updating your OS I am afraid.

And even with newer OS, consider using the official Lazarus install kits rather than the ones from your distro.

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version