Recent

Author Topic: Help for LHelp Hell  (Read 1211 times)

mosquito

Help for LHelp Hell
« on: February 02, 2022, 09:57:51 am »
My old eyes, start asking for a LHelp (Chm File Viewer) with a dark background and a bigger letter size. (The built-in Lazarus Help App).

I have read some scripts in '/usr/share/lazarus/2.2.0/tools/' and '/usr/share/lawus/2.2.0/docs/', but I do not know where to start.
I guess the easiest would be to touch the .css, but apparently they are created to the flight from .xml (and compiled). I do not understand this very well.

I already tried to download all the available documentation in HTML and pass a script for a massive replacement in the .css. But I would like to use LHELP (now it has all the organized tabs) and the search engine is great.

Can someone help me with this?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 10:02:36 am by mosquito »

Zvoni

Re: Help for LHelp Hell
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 10:39:49 am »
At a guess:
LHelp has a TPageControl to display "whatever"
A TPageControl has a Font-Property, which has a Size-Property......
One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

mosquito

Re: Help for LHelp Hell
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 12:10:10 pm »
At a guess:
LHelp has a TPageControl to display "whatever"
A TPageControl has a Font-Property, which has a Size-Property......

Thanks for the info.
I have been doing some tests. Indeed, I can change the properties of the TPageControl, in this way I can change the letter size of the navigation tree.

The problem is that the web viewer, based on IPRO, is not normal (this I know it), but is governed by a ChMProvider.

After doing some plumbing I have managed to access some properties. The idea was to intercept the HTML content and apply a TiphtmlPanel.SetHtmlFromString (ANSIREPLACETEXT (OLDHTML, OLDTOKENS, NEWTOKENS));

But apparently any change here, it is overwritten when loading a precompiled .chm.

Then, I think I must compile a personalized .chm. Which leaves me like at first. I will continue looking for a solution.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018