Recent

Author Topic: mysqlclient.dylib.20 on mac where must be the library  (Read 3844 times)

eldonfsr

mysqlclient.dylib.20 on mac where must be the library
« on: January 30, 2022, 01:36:58 am »
How i can load in my app the library libmysqlclient.20.dylib to connect mysql 5.7 some body can help with that...

on get current folder

thanks...

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: mysqlclient.dylib.20 on mac where must be the library
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 09:35:10 am »
Start with the Wiki article macOS application bundle to understand the bundle layout, macOS Libraries for an overview of libraries and then read macOS Dynamic Libraries for actual examples.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 09:37:42 am by trev »

eldonfsr

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 09:32:27 pm »
I miss how i can do this
I did first step  te create application boundle
but second where i do ....

Note: You must remove the symbolic link and copy the real executable "project1" into the project1.app/Contents/MacOS/

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 09:57:27 pm »
I'm sorry I do not understand. If you are asking a question, please make it obvious and provide any necessary context so that we can understand what you are/are not doing.

eldonfsr

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 11:27:53 pm »
Ok Thanks four your advance and time, I got connect my computer to the mysql local

but my question is how i con attach libs to my app the way i install the app in other computer can run without install mysql server,  just run the app i follow all steps to config lazarus i tried to move lib to different location now is my libraries are located at /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.dylib

but my big questions what happend if put the app in other computer is not going run because libraries or mysql is not installed there...

for that i think do same think on windows change locations of libs to load on compenent tsqldbloadlibrary...

hope this better idea what i trining to do...

thanks     

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 01:35:31 am »
but my big questions what happens if put the app in other computer is not going run because libraries or mysql is not installed there...

Did you read the Wiki articles I posted? Those articles explain that the library must be included in your application bundle in which case you will not have a problem with your application running on anyone else's computer.

eldonfsr

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 05:25:33 am »
Yes I read and follow but when create application boundle, I folder where sad the file was created i dont see the file i click on all of them don't show any option showcontent
i don't see file invmgr.app witch one contain the project information...

I using Big sur os  and lazarus 2.0.12

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 12:21:29 pm »
Yes I read and follow but when create application boundle, I folder where sad the file was created
dont see the file i click on all of them don't show any option showcontent

It is not a file; it is an application bundle (directory).

i don't see file invmgr.app witch one contain the project information...

You say you create the application bundle (Lazarus does it automatically or on request in the Project Options). Then you say that you don't see the application bundle. This makes no sense.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018