Recent

Author Topic: ASCII roguelike - Axes, Armour & Ale  (Read 3483 times)

CyberFilth

• My github account
ASCII roguelike - Axes, Armour & Ale
« on: January 16, 2022, 01:22:41 pm »
I'm a big fan of the roguelike genre of games, turn-based dungeon crawlers like Rogue, Nethack, ADOM etc.
A feature of roguelike games that I like is their use of ASCII to represent the game world, rather than graphics. As a player it means that I can use my imagination to fill in the blanks, as a developer it means that I can focus on writing code rather than trying to draw everything.

My Free Pascal game Axes, Armour & Ale is currently at an alpha state, it's possible to explore a couple of floors in a cave, find a stolen map and return it to the surface. Some basic weapons and armour are available, damage can be healed by drinking ale which has the effect of impairing your ability to fight.

The cave is procedurally generated each time using cellular automata, with plans to add several dungeons and caves to explore on a procedurally generated overworld. But for now it's just a simple hack, slash, die, repeat kinda game.

Code and binaries for Windows, Linux & OSX are available at https://github.com/cyberfilth/Axes-Armour-Ale
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 10:32:36 am by CyberFilth »
Running Windows 10 & Xubuntu 20.04 | Lazarus 2.0.12 | FPC 3.2.0

MarkMLl

Re: ASCII roguelike - Axes, Armour & Ale
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 02:54:58 pm »
:-)

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: ASCII roguelike - Axes, Armour & Ale
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 12:11:07 pm »
Great.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

TinyPortal © 2005-2018